• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

RSNT to decide on Bruyneel today

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Big Doopie said:
all the reports are mentioning how bruyneel actively warned his riders of tests.

does this not beg the question -- how did bruyneel himself know?

which gets back to the belgian mafia within the uci...

I had a feeling that Jesus Manzano claimed that Kelme and US Postal were both tipped off about upcoming tests but cant find it anywhere?

There were some Russian female runners who were apparently getting tipped off back in 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7538731.stm

wirral said:
When Frank Schleck tested positive for a drug that didn't quite fit the profile, I jokingly suggested that Bruyneel had set Frank up either by spiking his drinks, his injections or his sample or by using his influence at the UCI to find Frank positive in some way.
cineteq said:
Good one! But even if it's not true, now Frank can take advantage of it.
already being done... look at a recent tweet by Race Radio:
Did Bruyneel spike Frank Schleck? http://www.wort.lu/de/view/hat-bruyneel-fraenk-schleck-doping-verabreicht-5077f71ce4b0069dd657926b … An attempt to keep both Schlecks with the team?

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Frosty said:
I had a feeling that Jesus Manzano claimed that Kelme and US Postal were both tipped off about upcoming tests but cant find it anywhere?

There were some Russian female runners who were apparently getting tipped off back in 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7538731.stm

Hilarious that the reason the anti-doping authorities were suspicious of the Russian runners was that they were always really punctual for OOC testing. I guess that kind of thing is pretty unusual.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Some of you are being double dooped, Frank plays a good nice boy the same guy who's "amigo de Brillo", flash back to Operacion Puerto, now re-read that news clip.

RSNT was mulling the decision? I would of given them a pass if they fired him this morning. Euro morning that is. Waiting means they know all to well what's going on.

Something tells me Andy and Fabian won't be on the same team next year.

ElChingon said:
Some of you are being double dooped, Frank plays a good nice boy the same guy who's "amigo de Brillo", flash back to Operacion Puerto, now re-read that news clip.

RSNT was mulling the decision? I would of given them a pass if they fired him this morning. Euro morning that is. Waiting means they know all to well what's going on.

Something tells me Andy and Fabian won't be on the same team next year.
never thought Fränk was clean... just too smart to get caught, especially under the guidance of the master doping puppeteer.

Fab wanted to get out before this happened, but wan't willing to pay the price (the rumour was he was going back to Saxo)... now, however, he has them by the short and curlies using the USADA report as an excuse and i think they'll have to let him go.

can we not merge this with the other Johan thread? it's really annoying having two that are saying the same things :confused:

VeloCity said:
Saiz gone, now Bruyneel, hopefully Riis next. I know there's a lot more dirty DS' than those three, but it's a start, anyway.

Riis Cycling is the company behind Saxo Bank. Riis would have to sack himself. The pressure from sponsors has been bigger than it is at the moment. Especially with Tinkoff who pretty much don't care.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
Riis Cycling is the company behind Saxo Bank. Riis would have to sack himself. The pressure from sponsors has been bigger than it is at the moment. Especially with Tinkoff who pretty much don't care.
Yeah, but I'm hoping that Riis is the next one to be exposed, like Saiz and Bruyneel. Not that it would make much difference, but still.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone think Bruyneel is making some calls trying to get money for keeping his mouth shut?

He could dump a lot of people in it big time!

UCI
Indurain
Contador

to name 3 biggies.

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
johan-bruyneel-book-cover-website-2.jpg

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Gnarly Gnasher said:

The pic makes me think of The Talented Mr. Ripley.
Not that Bruyneel is anywhere near as talented, but the parallel is that both he and Ripley for some time must have thought to be able to get away with murder and come out as a rich man, until a cold shower hit them in the face.