• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saddle sores ?? !!

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions with saddle sores? Any special creams or voodoo that can cure the pain...Taking a break from riding is not an option at the moment.

Thanks,

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Noxcema.

Straight from the blue jar to your undercarraige. Use liberally pre-ride.

It's numbing, lubricates, and is anti-bacterial.

Not good for female use.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Post ride Straight after a shower wash the area with metho grit your teeth first but it will sting then dry up harden up the skin and help it heal.

The use it in Nursing homes for bed soars.
Dont use it the skin is broken it will hurt.
make sure you wash your knicks every time you use them also check your seat is not too high. 2-3mm.

A

Anonymous

Give Bag Balm a try...I have used it for years and it works very well...

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
brianf7 said:
Post ride Straight after a shower wash the area with metho grit your teeth first but it will sting then dry up harden up the skin and help it heal.

The use it in Nursing homes for bed soars.
Dont use it the skin is broken it will hurt.
make sure you wash your knicks every time you use them also check your seat is not too high. 2-3mm.

+1, Also use antibacterial soap (I use pre-surgery soap which should be available in most drug stores). Good Luck.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Cash05458 said:
Give Bag Balm a try...I have used it for years and it works very well...
shower immediately after rides
keep shorts clean
replace when they begin to wear out
bag balm or other creams are a must
for saddle sores i use bag balm mixed with tea tree oil just a little it is anti bacterial and anti fungal.
if the saddle sore is already infected its best to put a hot compress on it and try to drain it fun stuff.:(

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
forty four said:
if the saddle sore is already infected its best to put a hot compress on it and try to drain it fun stuff.:(

A syringe with a needle can help immensely when trying to drain it by piercing the middle and applying suction to an infected one. Have lots of alcohol on hand (to sterilize the area and numb the patient) :(

TRENDING THREADS