• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sagan Clean?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Gotta love Sagan calling himself, Hulk, a doctor who took a substance that gave enormous powers!!!! That should be an indicator of Sagan's attitude to PEDs

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

saganftw said:
Benotti69 said:
Gotta love Sagan's calling himself, Hulk, a doctor who took a substance that gave enormous powers!!!! That should be an indicator of Sagan's attitude to PEDs

the doctors name was bruce banner...hulk is completly different entity and it didnt take any substances :rolleyes:

Signed,

Sagan-For-The-Win :D

PremierAndrew said:
saganftw said:
Benotti69 said:
Gotta love Sagan's calling himself, Hulk, a doctor who took a substance that gave enormous powers!!!! That should be an indicator of Sagan's attitude to PEDs

the doctors name was bruce banner...hulk is completly different entity and it didnt take any substances :rolleyes:

Slight feeling you may be biased here

i admit,i might be biased towards Marvel...never really liked DC universe

Re:

PremierAndrew said:
A good youth record means nothing. Lots of youths dope these days too

Quoted for truth.

I've always thought that juniors who doped never turned pro. But then you have the Spilak case.

Anyway, why on earth is having talent an excuse for doping. It's on the contrary an aggravating circumstance. :rolleyes:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Gotta love Sagan calling himself, Hulk, a doctor who took a substance that gave enormous powers!!!! That should be an indicator of Sagan's attitude to PEDs
I thought Dr. Banner was struck by gamma rays when he ran into a field where they were testing them to save a child who had wandered into it. Perhaps that is from the original origin story and things have changed.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Echoes said:
I've always thought that juniors who doped never turned pro. But then you have the Spilak case.
:confused:
there are literally tons of examples of youth dopers turning pro, from all eras.

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Arse grabbing aside he's exactly the kind of personality that all professional sports are crying out for nowadays. So no chance of him getting busted there, and especially now since in the last 12 months he's become too big to fail too.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Re:

tantocomo said:
**** grabbing aside he's exactly the kind of personality that all professional sports are crying out for nowadays. So no chance of him getting busted there, and especially now since in the last 12 months he's become too big to fail too.

Nowadays people are generally more aware of sexism, which is a good thing, and consequently Sagan takes a lot of stick for that bum grabbing - but I took it as a refreshing bit of cheeky (pardon the pun) irreverence - which is sorely needed because along with our greater awareness we've also become, imo, too uptight.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Nick C. said:
Benotti69 said:
I thought Dr. Banner was struck by gamma rays when he ran into a field where they were testing them to save a child who had wandered into it. Perhaps that is from the original origin story and things have changed.

I was placing much not weight on the hulk thing as proof of doping. Just kind of funny, the analogy. I dont think Sagan is clean and the transformation of Banner from normal 'human' to the hulk is the funny thing relating to Sagan.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Echoes said:
PremierAndrew said:
A good youth record means nothing. Lots of youths dope these days too

Quoted for truth.

Anyway, why on earth is having talent an excuse for doping. It's on the contrary an aggravating circumstance. :rolleyes:

Genevieve Jeanson
Oscar Sevilla

I think 16 is about the age.

and I dont think they are unique. I think they are the rule.

Lance was doping himself in tri's at that age, before Chris Carmichael and the US underage national team and his <edited by mods>

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Maxiton said:
tantocomo said:
**** grabbing aside he's exactly the kind of personality that all professional sports are crying out for nowadays. So no chance of him getting busted there, and especially now since in the last 12 months he's become too big to fail too.

Nowadays people are generally more aware of sexism, which is a good thing, and consequently Sagan takes a lot of stick for that bum grabbing - but I took it as a refreshing bit of cheeky (pardon the pun) irreverence - which is sorely needed because along with our greater awareness we've also become, imo, too uptight.

heck, Cipo would take his podium girls straight up to his suite and give them a "what-for" and George Hincapie married one cos George has the IQ and personality of a <edited by mods>.

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

blackcat said:
Maxiton said:
tantocomo said:

heck, Cipo would take his podium girls straight up to his suite and give them a "what-for" and George Hincapie married one cos George has the IQ and personality of a <edited by mods>.

I completely agree, but my point in the 21st century there's better ways of doing it such as pulling wheeles! Maybe he was making a very very subtle point about the need for podium girls.

And I don't know what blackcat has been edited for but I laughed anyway!

Re:

pedromiguelmartins said:
He looks like he is as clean as any winner could've ever been in such a demanding sport. I doubt any other monument winner (that was a favorite) was cleaner than him, at least if we are looking at the past 100 years.

Before 1916 trains were the new epo, so who knows.

He certainly looks cleaner than Lemond ever did.

Besides, we all got written confirmation from Anquetil in the 50s that you can't win anything on bread and water. What are you pretending? What's the real meaning of your question? What is considered "doping"? Is he allowed to drug himself as much as those riders that kept their wins, right?

Let him ride. What a joy he brings to this sport.

To the bolded: He does? Explain please? Have any results that back up your claims?

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I think blackcat's simile was the most beautiful thing I've ever read. It was just the loquacious way of expressing something so viscerally repulsive and obviously true. If you missed it....you missed a lot.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Benotti69 said:

Do you even enjoy cycling?

do you love doping?

Why get personal?
Lol No, but I did the fifth grade many moons ago. I know doping and cheating was always a huge part of all sports, even this one. And I enjoyed it a lot, for what it is supposed to be: entertaining and amazing feats.

If you don't like it like it has ever been, what's the point? There's something sad in there.

86TDFWinner said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
He looks like he is as clean as any winner could've ever been in such a demanding sport. I doubt any other monument winner (that was a favorite) was cleaner than him, at least if we are looking at the past 100 years.

Before 1916 trains were the new epo, so who knows.

He certainly looks cleaner than Lemond ever did.

Besides, we all got written confirmation from Anquetil in the 50s that you can't win anything on bread and water. What are you pretending? What's the real meaning of your question? What is considered "doping"? Is he allowed to drug himself as much as those riders that kept their wins, right?

Let him ride. What a joy he brings to this sport.

To the bolded: He does? Explain please? Have any results that back up your claims?

Isn't it obvious? Do you have any evidence that that isn't the case?

TRENDING THREADS