• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sagan Clean?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
the delgados said:
Cannibal72 said:
I think blackcat's simile was the most beautiful thing I've ever read. It was just the loquacious way of expressing something so viscerally repulsive and obviously true. If you missed it....you missed a lot.

Hear hear!
blackcat should be on the payroll of cyclingnews.
Agreed, but some of the more "questionable" material is unnecessary.

I'll just say this once and leave it at that (you know we've been through this before, and I don't wish to badger you).
But unnecessary compared to what?
A lot of stuff posted here is unnecessary (including stuff I say), but at least the guy makes people laugh.
No harm at all.

the delgados said:
Irondan said:
the delgados said:
Cannibal72 said:
I think blackcat's simile was the most beautiful thing I've ever read. It was just the loquacious way of expressing something so viscerally repulsive and obviously true. If you missed it....you missed a lot.

Hear hear!
blackcat should be on the payroll of cyclingnews.
Agreed, but some of the more "questionable" material is unnecessary.

I'll just say this once and leave it at that (you know we've been through this before, and I don't wish to badger you).
But unnecessary compared to what?
A lot of stuff posted here is unnecessary (including stuff I say), but at least the guy makes people laugh.
No harm at all.
NSFW.

If it's over that line then it can't be posted on this forum.

This isn't a rule that I'm making up or just starting to enforce, it's always been here.

The "Terms and Conditions" are quite clear on this and this rule has always been a part of this forum.

I agree that blackcat makes people laugh, myself included. I'm not trying to stop him from doing that, but he can still do it without the "NSFW" material. He already does as 97% of his posts are fine.

If anyone would like to continue this convo please do it in the moderators thread.

Cheers

pedromiguelmartins said:
Benotti69 said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Benotti69 said:
Gotta love Sagan calling himself, Hulk, a doctor who took a substance that gave enormous powers!!!! That should be an indicator of Sagan's attitude to PEDs

Do you even enjoy cycling?

do you love doping?

Why get personal?
Lol No, but I did the fifth grade many moons ago. I know doping and cheating was always a huge part of all sports, even this one. And I enjoyed it a lot, for what it is supposed to be: entertaining and amazing feats.

If you don't like it like it has ever been, what's the point? There's something sad in there.

86TDFWinner said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
He looks like he is as clean as any winner could've ever been in such a demanding sport. I doubt any other monument winner (that was a favorite) was cleaner than him, at least if we are looking at the past 100 years.

Before 1916 trains were the new epo, so who knows.

He certainly looks cleaner than Lemond ever did.

Besides, we all got written confirmation from Anquetil in the 50s that you can't win anything on bread and water. What are you pretending? What's the real meaning of your question? What is considered "doping"? Is he allowed to drug himself as much as those riders that kept their wins, right?

Let him ride. What a joy he brings to this sport.

To the bolded: He does? Explain please? Have any results that back up your claims?

Isn't it obvious? Do you have any evidence that that isn't the case?

Nope and I don't need any, I'm not the one who made the ridiculous claims....YOU did.

YOUR response though is typical of someone who, when called out on their nonsense, resort's to"do you have any to refute what I said"?.

So you have zero credible evidence to support your claims?

Not surprising you answered the way You did.

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

tantocomo said:
blackcat said:
Maxiton said:
tantocomo said:
**** grabbing aside he's exactly the kind of personality that all professional sports are crying out for nowadays. So no chance of him getting busted there, and especially now since in the last 12 months he's become too big to fail too.

Nowadays people are generally more aware of sexism, which is a good thing, and consequently Sagan takes a lot of stick for that bum grabbing - but I took it as a refreshing bit of cheeky (pardon the pun) irreverence - which is sorely needed because along with our greater awareness we've also become, imo, too uptight.

heck, Cipo would take his podium girls straight up to his suite and give them a "what-for" and George Hincapie married one cos George has the IQ and personality of a <edited by mods>.

I completely agree, but my point in the 21st century there's better ways of doing it such as pulling wheeles! Maybe he was making a very very subtle point about the need for podium girls.

And I don't know what blackcat has been edited for but I laughed anyway!

I know from experience--wheelies get the ladies. ; )

May 26, 2015
Visit site

86TDFWinner said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Benotti69 said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Benotti69 said:
Gotta love Sagan calling himself, Hulk, a doctor who took a substance that gave enormous powers!!!! That should be an indicator of Sagan's attitude to PEDs

Do you even enjoy cycling?

do you love doping?

Why get personal?
Lol No, but I did the fifth grade many moons ago. I know doping and cheating was always a huge part of all sports, even this one. And I enjoyed it a lot, for what it is supposed to be: entertaining and amazing feats.

If you don't like it like it has ever been, what's the point? There's something sad in there.

86TDFWinner said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
He looks like he is as clean as any winner could've ever been in such a demanding sport. I doubt any other monument winner (that was a favorite) was cleaner than him, at least if we are looking at the past 100 years.

Besides, we all got written confirmation from Anquetil in the 50s that you can't win anything on bread and water. What are you pretending? What's the real meaning of your question? What is considered "doping"? Is he allowed to drug himself as much as those riders that kept their wins, right?

To the bolded: He does? Explain please? Have any results that back up your claims?

Isn't it obvious? Do you have any evidence that that isn't the case?

Nope and I don't need any, I'm not the one who made the ridiculous claims....YOU did.

YOUR response though is typical of someone who, when called out on their nonsense, resort's to"do you have any to refute what I said"?.

What claims? That Sagan is clean? Wow, do you have any evidence that he isn't? What are you insinuating? So now it's "cheater" until proven clean?

If he opens a bike shop after he finishes his career, is that good?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

86TDFWinner said:

free of charge:
In interpersonal communication, an I-message or I-statement is an assertion about the feelings, beliefs, values etc. of the person speaking, generally expressed as a sentence beginning with the word "I", and is contrasted with a "you-message" or "you-statement", which often begins with the word "you" and focuses on the person spoken to.
If an "I" message contains "you-messages", it can be problematic in conflict situations. For example: "I feel..., when you..., and I want you to..." This can put the receiver of the statement on the defensive. In a dispute, use of a phrase that begins with "I want" may encourage the parties to engage in positional problem solving. This may make conflicts more difficult to resolve.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-message

pedromiguelmartins said:
86TDFWinner":2zcjj321][quote="pedromiguelmartins said:

Isn't it obvious? Do you have any evidence that that isn't the case?[/quote]

Not surprising you answered the way You did.[/quote]
What claims? That Sagan is clean? Wow, do you have any evidence that he isn't? What are you insinuating? So now it's "cheater" until proven clean?

If he opens a bike shop after he finishes his career, is that good?[/quote]

Do you have the proof to back up your claims, yrs or no....simple answer, pick one?

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
i would love to see Sagan's TUE's from fancy bears ...

2016 and his Hulk like look , now beating all sprinters in flat high speed sprints in Eneco, in some of them making all this huge sprint field look like amateurs (only Cav is missing from Enco Tour) ....

Re:

Amnes2015 said:

2016 and his Hulk like look , now beating all sprinters in flat high speed sprints in Eneco, in some of them making all this huge sprint field look like amateurs (only Cav is missing from Enco Tour) ....
Why would it matter if Peter Sagan has one or twenty TUE's? He's never claimed to be Mr. Clean, nor does he ride for a hypercritical "Clean team", nor has he written a book claiming to only used needles once, nor has he had a "transformation". Sagan can have all the TUE's that he wants to, they just don't matter with him like they do with riders from the Sky team that have won 4 Tour de France titles. :rolleyes:

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

Irondan said:
Amnes2015 said:

Why would it matter if Peter Sagan has one or twenty TUE's? He's never claimed to be Mr. Clean, nor does he ride for a hypercritical "Clean team", nor has he written a book claiming to only used needles once, nor has he had a "transformation". Sagan can have all the TUE's that he wants to, they just don't matter with him like they do with riders from the Sky team that have won 4 Tour de France titles. :rolleyes:

lol

people should be treated equally

not some to get passes for bogus reasons

back to today , casually beating grimacing Greipel while smiling

lots of steroids in this guy i guess

Cs-EC4FWgAAtw6P.jpg:large

Amnes2015 said:
Irondan said:
Amnes2015 said:

lol

people should be treated equally

not some to get passes for bogus reasons

back to today , casually beating grimacing Greipel while smiling

lots of steroids in this guy i guess

Cs-EC4FWgAAtw6P.jpg:large
If I was judging a bodybuilding contest between these two, the "Gorilla" would win. Lol

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Never mind P. Sagan, concentrate About Mr. Froome and Mr. Wiggins they are the real culprits in this sport and they learned a lot about it from L. Armstrong. It is so disgusting. US Postal Team = SKY TEAM.

Sagan is of course an absolute (doping) monster, but it's also no surprise that he has so few posts about him here in the clinic, since he has practically everything (other than being strong as a bull) going for him: he hit the ground running, impressing everyone in Down Under as a teenager; he doesn't have any missed tests or TUEs *that we know of*; he is both versatile and has a very high level of technical skill; he isn't a climber, so we can't really compare his performances as well with dopers as we can with GT-contenders; he races attractively and is popular; we also often see him lose, so most people are not that annoyed to see him win; he isn't a native English speaker nor is he a Southern European, but comes from a small cycling nation with no bad clinic past (at least in cycling); and he doesn't fit (or perhaps because of the other reasons mentioned here, there's no focus on wether he does fit or not) the "clinic-hypocrite-criteria" like Sky or Garmin.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Lyon said:
Sagan has been on fire ever since a certain Russian questioned his morale last year. Interesting development.

Ban psychodping!

And race radios, that's the usual transmission vector.

Maybe one should have a closer look at sunroot too. Is there TUE for that?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site

noddy69 said:
Saint Unix said:
Obviously one of the more naturally talented riders in the peloton, dope or not. Looks on another level this season, though. Looks like he's doing what it takes to scrape up the cobblestone races this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him win next Sunday.

His team only adds to the suspicion.
Not possible to deduce someones natural talent vs the rest if dope is involved. Only way to do that is to have a clean sport.
Just out of interest if dope is involved how do you deduce he is a natural talent in the peleton ?
Finally with dope in the peleton how do you know anyone is naturally talented ?

Not saying he's clean, because who the hell knows, but the way he descended when he won the Worlds'--not to mention the way he bunny-hopped over Cancellara (with only one foot clipped in!) at Paris Roubaix--and about a hundred other examples show that the guy has insane natural bike-handling skills. They haven't invented a drug for that yet.