• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Same Browser, Same Machine, Why why why?

Maybe your IP address changes. Are you using a VPN, or other type of privacy device?
You can use this website to detect and display your ipaddr -

Maybe your IP address changes. Are you using a VPN, or other type of privacy device?
You can use this website to detect and display your ipaddr -
I have the same issue, on three different browsers, and this is the only website that has had this behavior in a decade or more. the problem is not on my end and I'm not interested in chasing it down.

Mar 15, 2023
Visit site
This website is the only one I've encountered in the last ten years or so that gives me trouble across all three of my browsers. Neither the issue nor my pursuit of its resolution lies within my purview.

Reactions: Contented Man

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
This website is the only one I've encountered in the last ten years or so that gives me trouble across all three of my browsers. Neither the issue nor my pursuit of its resolution lies within my purview.

Can you provide more information?
  • What are the specific issues you're having?
  • What specific browsers (and version number) are you using when the issues arise?
  • What kind of mods or add-ons do your browsers have installed?
  • Ever get any error messages? If so, what are the exact words in the messaging?
  • Any related screenshots will be helpful too.
The more specific details you can provide, the higher the likelihood we can help.