• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Same S**T Different Year!

Yo! I'm a lot nicer than that A-hole Agent Futura but I have to agree with that fool on this point. Too Much Doping Babble Is Annoying. Come on people cheating is part of the human condition and it ain't ever going to change. I'm not condoning it, It's a scourge on our "beautiful sport" and I truly believe that the peloton is a lot cleaner but too many of you sound like a broken record.

I could take 90% of the overly dramatic and "take myself too serious" posts on this forum, insert names from each subsequent year and it would be the same blather to a point!

How about you take the blinders off and enjoy the best F*ing sport in the world instead of grousing about it! Just today Wiggins won his first ITT for Garmin, Manix Man took another stage win, Pozzato crashed but is on a hot streak he hasn't experienced for a couple years. Gavazzi tore it up and LPR is kicking **** in Italy and believe it or not Rock Racing is the best GC team in Portogal.

The Classic season starts in earnest this weekend and so much cool sh*t is going to happen I hope all you "dope talk lovers" don't miss it.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Could not agree with you more. I also think we need to drop the ****ty who/what is your favorite whatever talk. Let's talk racing instead this non-sense-doping jiba-jaba.
There was some good opinions about the Valverde issue that were pretty good and not only the "dopers suck" argument that most of us have.

Epicycle said:
You can't separate doping and racing.

so what is you point because if read what I said I'm not disagreeing but if I'm getting your drift you like to roll with the grouchy crowd that has to buzzkill everything.

Garmin, Columbia and Saxo have led the way to race clean (to different degrees of commitment). You can't change a culture of doping those goes all the way back to the 1890s when bike racing first started and yes they have been doping in some form or another since then.

I tell you what, You keep on being the buzzkill and question everything thing that happens or enjoy yourself a little bit this Sunday like I'll will, screaming my head off with a nice pint while DeVolder hits the Koppenburg to defend Flanders and the next weekend in hopes that we get a sprint finish in the velodrome of Roubaix after 200+ km of bike chomping cobbles!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Captain Chaos said:
so what is you point because if read what I said I'm not disagreeing but if I'm getting your drift you like to roll with the grouchy crowd that has to buzzkill everything.

Garmin, Columbia and Saxo have led the way to race clean (to different degrees of commitment). You can't change a culture of doping those goes all the way back to the 1890s when bike racing first started and yes they have been doping in some form or another since then.

I tell you what, You keep on being the buzzkill and question everything thing that happens or enjoy yourself a little bit this Sunday like I'll will, screaming my head off with a nice pint while DeVolder hits the Koppenburg to defend Flanders and the next weekend in hopes that we get a sprint finish in the velodrome of Roubaix after 200+ km of bike chomping cobbles!
I don't live in a black and white world. I can enjoy myself and think critically at the same time. In fact, complexity is what makes things interesting.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Captain Chaos...remember that Skil-Shimano has been on the forefront of anti doping as well. They never get the press that the big teams do, but that does not diminish the fact of what they stand for.

I totally agree!!

By the way...sleeper pic for Gent-Wevelgem....Kenny van Hummel.

maybe?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Pietro said:
You can't separate doping and any professional and some amateur sports so just enjoy the show! It's entertainment afterall.

+1

Love the sport, enjoy it for what it is. When the cheaters get caught, GOOD. But keep on enjoying the sport.

It almost seems that some watch just to see the "train wreck".

Don't get me wrong, I hate cheaters, but I love the sport more. Hopefully the sport is getting cleaner, but never lose sight of the fact that it is the most beautiful sport in the world.

TRENDING THREADS