• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Samuel Sanchez positive for growth hormone

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
There is often talk of the culture of pro cycling.
Thing is, its a house of cards.
You cannot make serious impact without tearing the whole thing down.

All you can do is ride clean/never tested positive.

This is what uci strives to with HC levels first, then the blood passport/adams.

Dope within the lines and everyone is fine.

Just dont be a skinny dane, and a few other examples.

Re: Re:

Echoes said:
42x16ss said:
The Hitch was quoting it as a shot at Vaughters, not out of any belief in the comments JV made.

It still is redundant. Sella tested positive in August that year. If ever that comment is true (because I cannot believe that poster on face value), Vaughters' comment could already have been criticised at that moment.
Vaughters has been criticised for his stupid comments since the inception of this forum in 2009. Hitch has consistently been one of the people highlighting JV's snake oil. I'm not sure what your point really is here...

Re:

roundabout said:
I am not sure why we are discussing Vaughters in this thread anyway...

Unless of course a poster who was a massive Sanchez supporter some years back deliberately wanted to change the subject...

Change the subject? By reviving the thread?

You mean the same poster who always said Sanchez doped?

Eg, from 2012:
The Hitch said:
For me the biggest apparent doper (not been caught) would probably be

1 samuel Sanchez Gonzalez. this is not just for the idiotic thing he said about Lance but also for the fervent defense of Contador last year where he didnt even bother denying contador doped, just said that Contador should be allowed to race.

:D

You really should be better at this internet thing after all these years ;)

I'm the one who is proven right when a guy I said was the most obvious doper, who also was a star in the post armstrong, clean doping era.

You on the other hand, seem genuinly upset that people are still pointing fingers at Vaughters, and that in general people still accuse riders other than your favourite boogyeman Contador, of doping.

42x16ss said:
Vaughters has been criticised for his stupid comments since the inception of this forum in 2009. Hitch has consistently been one of the people highlighting JV's snake oil. I'm not sure what your point really is here...

If you don't see what is wrong with what you are yourself noticing, I cannot help. It's widely off topic and because of such posters, this part of the forum constantly revolves around the same characters, usually Anglophone ones, as though the rest does not exist or does not matter.

And it was not too hard to note that Sanchez doped. Only some posters like me refuse to make unfounded allegations, as a rule.

Echoes said:
42x16ss said:

It's widely off topic and because of such posters, this part of the forum constantly revolves around the same characters, usually Anglophone ones, as though the rest does not exist or does not matter.

Ironically this is also off topic. But also it is fun so i cant resist.

Bluntly, yes, to me many of the things you care about do not exist and do not matter.

If you want them to "matter" and be talked about more you can post more about them yourself. Not force others to do so like all your political idols.

If a post is crap, I'm saying it and it's my freedom to do so. If one cherishes freedom of expression, one should also be ready to face criticism. There's nothing dictatorial in that. I'm not the one iconising Trotsky and I'm not on a mission to make CNF a more interesting place. It's not my job. Better things to do. I'm only reacting at posts because sometimes it feels good to and I need to relax a bit from work. If I want to share my passion for cycling with people, there are better places than CNF for that ...

Good to see existing processes are sufficient to catch out a seasoned pro on a big team. It is essential that there are occasional results like this to make those in the peloton who want to dope at least think about the consequences. Three cheers for scientists.

The Hitch said:
roundabout said:
I am not sure why we are discussing Vaughters in this thread anyway...

Unless of course a poster who was a massive Sanchez supporter some years back deliberately wanted to change the subject...

Change the subject? By reviving the thread?

You mean the same poster who always said Sanchez doped?

Eg, from 2012:
The Hitch said:
For me the biggest apparent doper (not been caught) would probably be

1 samuel Sanchez Gonzalez. this is not just for the idiotic thing he said about Lance but also for the fervent defense of Contador last year where he didnt even bother denying contador doped, just said that Contador should be allowed to race.

:D

You really should be better at this internet thing after all these years ;)

I'm the one who is proven right when a guy I said was the most obvious doper, who also was a star in the post armstrong, clean doping era.

You on the other hand, seem genuinly upset that people are still pointing fingers at Vaughters, and that in general people still accuse riders other than your favourite boogyeman Contador, of doping.

You still changed the subject. Not sure what sense it makes to discuss pretty much the same things about Vaughters that have been discussed in many other threads. Maybe you could answer that first, before letting your imagination run amok.

And since you are supposedly good at the internet thing, could you please provide evidence that I care about people pointing fingers at Vaughters (hint, me writing that this is not the thread for it, is not the answer) or that Contador is my favorite boogyeman (whatever that is)?

Edit: and especially that I am apparently genuinely upset that riders other than Contador are accused of doping?

Frankly considering the various subjects that I have posted about in the clinic, your last paragraph is so ridiculously wrong, that maybe you should tone down the smugness a little?

Re:

bigcog said:
Apparently Cardoso b sample was negative according to Italian/Portugese press.
A source for that?

Tuttobicci started this rumour, on the flimsiest of evidence. As has been pointed out, the UCI don't have to announce the B result. In the case of Sanchez, his lawyers announced it, not the UCI. So if you want to know what's happening with Cardoso, he's the man to expect to hear from, not the UCI.

TRENDING THREADS