• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saturday, june 16th - Tour de Suisse, stage 8: Bischofszell - Arosa 148km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Trofinios said:
Well, if they want to win they have to race from so far out, hoping to break, or drop and isolate Costa. Where else can they gain 50 seconds? Today? Nope. On Sörenberg? Nope. Glaubenberg is where they must try. Sure, it won't be easy, Costa seems strong and Valverde seems in decent shape to be there for Costa if he needs help.

Still, as I see it, Glaubenberg is where you have to do something if you're aiming to win Tour de Suisse.
You're probably right, but it would require some epic form to build up a big enough gap on the Glaubenberg. And who really has that?

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Gentlemen, let´s not forget Rui Costa is a very good rider and is in super form and highly motivated (just remember yesterdays ITT). His team is strong and if he has Valverde to back him up then it will be very difficult for anyone to gain time on him! I think last chance was yesterday but he defended himself very well. Let me share with you some portuguese pride and give a cheer for Rui Costa (remember this name!!!) FORÇA RUI!!!!!!!!

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
burning said:
He will probably forget to eat his jel

No no, Gesink has a good team arround him to remind him to eat his jel. Even on the final MTF's Kruijswijk and Mollema will still be there reminding him to eat his jel.

The reason Gesink sometimes sucks at TT's is because then he doesn't have a team to tell him to eat his jel's, so he forgets naturally. But that is only a problem if he is isolated from his team, or in TT's where he has no team arround him. That is why Rabo is sending three GC guys to the TDF, so that Gesink will always have Kruijswijk and Mollema arround him to tell him to eat his jel. The only thing that will stop Gesink from reaching the podium this TDF is if he forget's to eat his jel in those nasty long TT's. When you forget to eat your jel in 30km TT's, you won't notice until the end, so the damage is limited. On those 50km TT's however, by the time he starts feeling that he forgot to eat his jel, he will still have 20km left to TT! That is disastrous! It is absolutely necesarry for Gesink to eat his jel in the TDF!

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
No no, Gesink has a good team arround him to remind him to eat his jel. Even on the final MTF's Kruijswijk and Mollema will still be there reminding him to eat his jel.

The reason Gesink sometimes sucks at TT's is because then he doesn't have a team to tell him to eat his jel's, so he forgets naturally. But that is only a problem if he is isolated from his team, or in TT's where he has no team arround him. That is why Rabo is sending three GC guys to the TDF, so that Gesink will always have Kruijswijk and Mollema arround him to tell him to eat his jel. The only thing that will stop Gesink from reaching the podium this TDF is if he forget's to eat his jel in those nasty long TT's. When you forget to eat your jel in 30km TT's, you won't notice until the end, so the damage is limited. On those 50km TT's however, by the time he starts feeling that he forgot to eat his jel, he will still have 20km left to TT! That is disastrous! It is absolutely necesarry for Gesink to eat his jel in the TDF!

Hilarious! I like your sense of humour ;) Let's hope Kruijswijk and Mollema are professional enough to remember when to tell Gesink to eat his gel...

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:

A good one!! Done with humor. Better than ****ing on people.

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
post counts go up at insane speeds sometimes.

i think i made over 300 posts in a single day during one of the stages of the tour last year. :eek:

Then I would not be able to watch the race. Lack of multitasking abilities...

Maaaaaaaarten said:

Gesink's jel always crashes (falls out of his back pocket).

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
watching on tv with laptop for the forum ofc otherwise i wouldn't have watched much of the race lol

I do, but following the forum race comments more than writing during the race. It is a great source for updating and analyze. I love it!