• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saturday, June 30 - Tour de France, Prologue: Liege - Liege, 6,4 km

To qoute Jobiwan from last years opening Tour-thread:
jobiwan said:
Is this a tad early? Maybe.
Am I ashamed? Not in the slightest.

This is the second Grand Depart to be held in Liege. Last time was in 2004 with Fabian Cancellara as winner. This years Prologue is a pretty straight forward one of its kinds. With sweeping corners and wide roads the technical sections shouldn't be that difficult - apart from the U-turn at the checkpoint on Quai de la Goffe. We know Liege - and area around - is capeable of hosting hilly stages. Not today, though. The prologue is almost as flat as it gets.

profile-00.jpg

2012-tour-prologue.jpg

Prologue start time: 14:00 CET
Approximate finish: 17:25 CET
Start list: http://www.grassyknolltv.com/2012/tour-de-france/Prologue-Start-Order-and-Times.pdf
Live streams: http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/#tv-schedule

Favorites:
Alex Zülle
Andrea Tafi
Arvis Piziks

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've read that this is quite a technical course so i'm going for cancellara.

Wiggins will be close-by and highest of the GC rivals with EBH high and looking for the white jersey at some point in first few days (if he's still young enough; i can't remember!)

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
williamp78 said:
I've read that this is quite a technical course so i'm going for cancellara.

Wiggins will be close-by and highest of the GC rivals with EBH high and looking for the white jersey at some point in first few days (if he's still young enough; i can't remember!)

Hagen is still 'young' :)

Cancellera is my favourite as well, with Sagan/Wiggins/T.Martin (the usual) following. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Sagan taking it though.

cycladianpirate said:
What's a prologue without variable weather conditions??

Winner - Mother Nature ;)
So true, we've had way too many ITTs with changing weather conditions this year. Actually, the weather (at least partially) decided the winner of the prologue in P-N, Tour de Romandie and Dauphine...

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Cancellara will win this
Tony Martin 2nd
Sagan 3rd (wouldn't surprise me if he pulled off the win though)
Wiggins to be first of the gc contenders but doubt he will gain much time on guys like Evans, 5-8 seconds at most.

TRENDING THREADS