• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Save us Cadel Evans, you're our only hope

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2009
Visit site
Conversations overheard at the TdF:

Stage one:
Bruyneel: Nine companions. So be it. You shall be the fellowship of the ring.
Leipheimer: Great! Where are we going?

Stapleton comments on the Green Jersey competition:
It is a burden he should never have had to bear. We can ask no more of Frodo.

Two riders (who shall remain anonymous) discussing their team buses' fridge content:
Rider A: What's that?
Rider B: This, my friend, is a pint.
Rider A: It comes in pints?
[In low voice]
Rider A: I'm getting one.

Cavendish to his team trying to catch an escape:
Hunt them down. Do not stop until they are found. You do not know pain, you do not know fear. You will taste man-flesh.

Cavendish about the OPL team sprinter:
They have a cave troll.

Vino:
[after falling down a hill]
I think I've broken something.

Hoogie and Flecha yesterday:
Hoogie: I think we should get off the road
[feels the car's presence]
Hoogie: Get off the road! Quick!

Bobke Phil and Paul discussing nutritional value of gel:
Phil: Gel!
[nibbles a corner]
Phil: One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
Paul: [to Bobke] How many did you eat?
Bobke: Four.
[burps]

Leipheimer: Nobody tosses a dwarf.

Cuddles on the final ITT to Andy:
You shall not pass

And of course:
Ride hard, don't look back.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Beware of endeavoring to become a great man in a hurry. One such attempt in ten thousand may succeed. These are fearful odds.

Moondance said:
?

Last time Evans tried to win a GT was last year's Tour, where Samuel (and plenty others) beat him. Samuel is still in this Tour, and Hitch never misses an opportunity to talk him up.

I declared Samu out of the race a long time ago. The ASO doesnt want him part of it, that much is clear, and it would take a Landis to take back the head start some of his opponents have been given.

My wording was a bit wrong, as Cadel did in theory try to win Tour 2010 thoguh he didnt have a chance, and as biopass says, Im talking about The Greatest Grand Tour Ever (see sig)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I declared Samu out of the race a long time ago. The ASO doesnt want him part of it, that much is clear, and it would take a Landis to take back the head start some of his opponents have been given.

My wording was a bit wrong, as Cadel did in theory try to win Tour 2010 thoguh he didnt have a chance, and as biopass says, Im talking about The Greatest Grand Tour Ever (see sig)

I can still see samu do podium, him or basso

Cobblestones said:

Vincent Lavenu: Umm I think you should do the Giro John.

Gadret: You think you are wise, Mithrandir, yet for all your subtleties you have not wisdom. Do you think the eyes of the Team Gadret are blind? I have seen more than you know. With your left hand you would use me as a shield against the Pro Tour system, and with your right you would seek to supplant me! I know who rides with Christophe Riblon. Oh yes! Word has reached my ears of this Nikolei son of Stephanov, and I tell you now I will not bow to this Ranger from the West, last of a ragged house long bereft of lordship.

there is a slight resemblance too...

luke-skywalker.jpg

jedi...

473222-cadel-evans.jpg

could certainly pass as brothers
a twin?

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Andy: "You mean you've never heard of the CadelEvans Falcon"?

Frank: "Is it a fast bike"?

Andy: "It's fast enough for you, old man".

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
woodburn said:
He had also ridden the Giro and was not in top form. He'll be better this year. But I don't think it will be enough.

1 Ivan Basso (Italy) Liquigas-Doimo 87h 44' 01"
2 David Arroyo (Spain) Caisse d'Epargne + 1' 51"
3 Vincenzo Nibali (Italy) Liquigas-Doimo + 2' 37"
4 Michele Scarponi (Italy) Androni Giocattoli + 2' 50"
5 Cadel Evans (Australia) BMC Racing Team + 3' 27"

--

1 Alberto Contador (Spain) Saxo Bank-SunGard 84h 05' 14"
2 Michele Scarponi (Italy) Lampre-ISD + 6' 10"
3 Vincenzo Nibali (Italy) Liquigas-Cannondale + 6' 56"
4 John Gadret (France) Ag2r-La Mondiale + 10' 04"
5 Joaquín Rodríguez (Spain) Team Katusha + 11' 05"

--

Cycling commentators always talk about how the Giro this year didn't have good competition like Cadel Evans(quoting Sporza guys here...), but they forget Michele Scarponi and Vincenzo Nibali finished in front of Cuddles at last year's Giro.

woodburn said:
He had also ridden the Giro and was not in top form. He'll be better this year. But I don't think it will be enough.

Fracturing his elbow didn't really help either. If you look back at the final TT he couldn't even hold his position properly on the bike, let alone hold himself up to climb out of the saddle on the mountains.

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Cycling commentators always talk about how the Giro this year didn't have good competition like Cadel Evans(quoting Sporza guys here...), but they forget Michele Scarponi and Vincenzo Nibali finished in front of Cuddles at last year's Giro.

Named must your fear be before banish it you can.