• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Save us Cadel Evans, you're our only hope

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thirteen said:
i know where it's from (i love it as a matter of fact). i was just having fun with the uses for Cadel's farts :D

(you're obviously not a Formula One fan)

used to be til the Grand Prix moved to melbourne and they killed it.
kind of co-incided with the one-mand-band era of schumacher when there was no competition. became so dull and boring...

anyway, i digress...

Back to the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings gig

A

Anonymous

Kwibus said:
All the anti-Schleck crap on this forum really makes me like the Schleck brothers more and more. I was pretty neutral about them, but there is so much bs about Schleck on this forum that I'm going to cheer for them.

The problem is though that I also like Contador, Evans, Basso and who not? Actually I don't dislike any rider. Well... Leipheimer maybe :)

p.s. The OP was actually quite funny.

Ditto. Well, i will not exactly cheer for them but.....

Kwibus said:
All the anti-Schleck crap on this forum really makes me like the Schleck brothers more and more. I was pretty neutral about them, but there is so much bs about Schleck on this forum that I'm going to cheer for them.

The problem is though that I also like Contador, Evans, Basso and who not? Actually I don't dislike any rider. Well... Leipheimer maybe :)

p.s. The OP was actually quite funny.

It really strengthened my like for them. I even like bottle and I think it may be partly for the same reason.

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
Conversations overheard at the TdF:

Stage one:
Bruyneel: Nine companions. So be it. You shall be the fellowship of the ring.
Leipheimer: Great! Where are we going?

Stapleton comments on the Green Jersey competition:
It is a burden he should never have had to bear. We can ask no more of Frodo.

Two riders (who shall remain anonymous) discussing their team buses' fridge content:
Rider A: What's that?
Rider B: This, my friend, is a pint.
Rider A: It comes in pints?
[In low voice]
Rider A: I'm getting one.

Cavendish to his team trying to catch an escape:
Hunt them down. Do not stop until they are found. You do not know pain, you do not know fear. You will taste man-flesh.

Cavendish about the OPL team sprinter:
They have a cave troll.

Vino:
[after falling down a hill]
I think I've broken something.

Hoogie and Flecha yesterday:
Hoogie: I think we should get off the road
[feels the car's presence]
Hoogie: Get off the road! Quick!

Bobke Phil and Paul discussing nutritional value of gel:
Phil: Gel!
[nibbles a corner]
Phil: One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
Paul: [to Bobke] How many did you eat?
Bobke: Four.
[burps]

Leipheimer: Nobody tosses a dwarf.

Cuddles on the final ITT to Andy:
You shall not pass

And of course:
Ride hard, don't look back.

Best post I've seen in a while!

Also overheard on the slopes of Tourmalet:
Andy to Cadel: 'No living man may hinder me!'
Cadel replies (in high pitched voice): 'But no living man am I! You look upon a woman'

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
can basso gap the other climbers on the steady climbs of the tour. I think he needs them to be more steep. As he does not have the explosive power which will be needed on these steady climbs.

On the big long climbs Cadel has as much explosiveness as my grandmother.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
can basso gap the other climbers on the steady climbs of the tour. I think he needs them to be more steep. As he does not have the explosive power which will be needed on these steady climbs.

he doesn't need steep climbs. he's stronger in rolling climbs, basso is 70 kg and is a power diesel. he's no gesink, more ullrich

Boooooo!! What's all this serious talk of Evans n Co??
Please go to the Cadel Evans 'year' thread or similar to actually discuss tour hopefuls.

Back to the frivolity!!

El Pistolero said:
On the big long climbs Cadel has as much explosiveness as my grandmother.

he'll still find a way to "blow up" though...

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
And on the 14th of July, Sir Cadel did smite the two-headed Leopard with his mighty water bottle. And the world was saved. Amen.

Truth. Verily. I am all prepared to switch to rooting for him if AC fails to save us.

Also-also overheard on the press conference before Luz-Ardiden:

Journalist: Saxobank has yet to reveal his deadliest servant, the one leading the danish armies to war, the one they say no living man can drop. Alberto Contador of Pinto. You have met him on several occasions. He is the one who stabbed Andys chain at Port de Balés.

Brent: But we have the diesel from Katherine, thats got to count for something.

Later (on the Tourmalet):

Cadel: Go back to the abyss! (that is Leopard Treks bus)
Cadel: Fall outside the 3 km-rule that awaits you and your brother.
Andy: Do you not now defeat when you see it old man? This is my Tour.
Andy: You have failed. Your front tire will fall.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
Evans is Australia's only hope for a GT win for a few years. Porte might take a while to ( EVEN ) become a threat and we do not know if Bobridge/ Meyers' will live up to the hype.

bobridge and meyer lol. No chance.
even porte lol.

ATM cadel is the only oe capable of winning a GT. Roe has not shown much at all, but we'll see what he becomes.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
bobridge and meyer lol. No chance.
even porte lol.

ATM cadel is the only oe capable of winning a GT. Roe has not shown much at all, but we'll see what he becomes.
Interesting thoughts. Bobridge seems to be more of a guy who could do well in the classics. I don't see where all the hype about Cam becoming a gc rider has come from. He could do well but lab results do not = great rider. Wait and see.

Roe has done some good one week stage race results in some races in Asia and the Pacific region. He has the body to climb, in time he will come good.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Frihed89 said:
Yes, as I recall from last year's tour, Schleck and Contador dropped him easily on the long climbs.

Each time was after he'd had bad falls. No falls this year, maybe he'll be better if his luck holds out.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he doesn't need steep climbs. he's stronger in rolling climbs, basso is 70 kg and is a power diesel. he's no gesink, more ullrich

That's right. And he could have, and should have, beaten Armstrong at least once. The pace he sets and maintains on long climbs is unbearable. And then he smiles.

Gwynplaine.jpg

Crap, I should've put this in the Basso thread. Sorry, Cadel.