• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saxo-Tinkoff Results

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Looking at the Saxo-Tinkoff Team website it does not list any victories for 2013. Has Saxo had any Protour victories this year?

It is a shame that such a dominant team in the past appears to be doing so poorly (and I understand Contadors results gain no Protour points at this time).

What is up with this team.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Kreuziger won AGR, so far biggest TST's succes this season until now. I'm not sure if I understand team strategy for stage races, cause they have made Alberto leader almost in eveyone and what's that good for if his points doesn't count?

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
It's good for sponsor publicity. And his palmares.

Ok, I understood that, I was thinking about license and for license you need points...and points are not comig out of nowhere, are they?

Yeah they've generally very bad the entire year, except Contador.
But this month there seems to be lot of improvement all round inside the team:
Michael Rogers, 2nd in California
Roman Kreuziguer, 1st in Amstel
Rafal Majka, 7th in Giro + some nice MTF placings
Sérgio Paulinho, 2nd in Norway
Hopefully they can keep this up not only for the Tour but also in Dauphine and Suisse.
What the hell have Roche, Bennati, Breschel and Anker Sorensen been doing so far?

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
No, that's why riders like Kreuziger, Roche, Bennati and Rogers need to step up in races Alberto doesn't ride
It's hard to step up when you are ill or don't get own chance, when you could perform well. I'm talking about Kreuziger. But when he got his chance to be a sole leader, he won actually :) Now other chance is at TdS. Wait and you'll see.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Ok, I understood that, I was thinking about license and for license you need points...and points are not comig out of nowhere, are they?

Especially Roche has had his chance in several WT stage races but hé blew them all. But they will get enough points.

Cimber said:
Especially Roche has had his chance in several WT stage races but hé blew them all. But they will get enough points.

I doubt that as they rank just ahead of Euskatel in CQ if you remove Contador's points. They'd need quite a lot to get enough points as points in TDF wont count. (I dont think that anybody other than Contador can score meaningful points in TDF)

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
burning said:
I doubt that as they rank just ahead of Euskatel in CQ if you remove Contador's points. They'd need quite a lot to get enough points as points in TDF wont count. (I dont think that anybody other than Contador can score meaningful points in TDF)

the Giro helped http://www.uciprotour.com/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layout.asp?MenuId=MTY3Mzc&LangId=1

and there is alot of points in the autumn still + if needed they will buy what points are needed (if the sponsors stick around)

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I find they have had a very disappointing start to the season, expected at least 1-2 wins for either Roche, Breschel, Bennati or even Moerkov, seems they are slowing getting stronger but they still need some victories.

Wondering who they will ride for in the Vuelta, assuming it will be either Roche or Kreuziger, unless they decide to just give both of them free hands and see who is stronger.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
boringboy said:
I find they have had a very disappointing start to the season, expected at least 1-2 wins for either Roche, Breschel, Bennati or even Moerkov, seems they are slowing getting stronger but they still need some victories.

Wondering who they will ride for in the Vuelta, assuming it will be either Roche or Kreuziger, unless they decide to just give both of them free hands and see who is stronger.

Roche and Kreuziger could be a good helper for Majka in the Vuelta :D

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
vcampbell said:
Roche and Kreuziger could be a good helper for Majka in the Vuelta :D
Could actually be a strong team for stage wins and guessing more points with a tema of Roche, Kreuzinger, Majka, Breschel, Bennati, Boaro and maybe a Sutherland?

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
burning said:
Well Europcar does not want to be a WT team, and it is likely that Euskaltel will drop out of WT this year and I dont think that IAM has goods to promote themselves right now, so Saxo will probably get the 18th spot

Don't forget to mention, that Vacansoleil will very likely disappear or at least steps back in 2014 after their two main sponsors won't prolong their contracts.

TRENDING THREADS