• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saxo-Tinkoff Results

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The more you look at it, the more it becomes clear that Riis is a very very very conservative guy. Sometimes I wonder why he has the reputation of being some kind of tactical genius, while in fact he's one of the most traditional guys out there. Not all still waters run deep.

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I pressume Contador doesnt like danes. Mørkøv and CAS are better than atleast 4 guys that made the team.

Since I dont like Contador for clinic-reasons, Im in a way happy that Im not going to see two of my favorite riders waste energy for him. But its a shame that they cant participate in worlds greatest compettion.

Hope for CAS-show in Vuelta together with Majka.

Noval

T-Nielsen said:
I like Contador, but because of his friendship with Noval once again Saxo will arive at the tour with only 8 men.

From Saxo-Tinkoff's site about Noval:

'The powerful pace-making Spaniard has added a tremendous amount of experience, raw power and loyalty to Team Saxo-Tinkoff since the 2011 season where he's known as a road bodyguard. His biggest efforts are done before the TV cameras are rolling but the Spaniard has a great value on the road and he's much appreciated.'

HCl+HN03 said:
I pressume Contador doesnt like danes. Mørkøv and CAS are better than atleast 4 guys that made the team.

Since I dont like Contador for clinic-reasons, Im in a way happy that Im not going to see two of my favorite riders waste energy for him. But its a shame that they cant participate in worlds greatest compettion.

Hope for CAS-show in Vuelta together with Majka.

Yup he doesn't like danes, that's why he's on a team with 10 danish riders plus danish staff

boringboy said:
But should get them a decent team for Vuelta, Majka, CAS, Nicki, Moerkoev, Breschel, guess Roman will be Captain?

Maybe Kreuziger will be tired out after TdF.

But Petrov was really good in the Giro, so I think he could be a good support too for Majka in the Vuelta.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
jyhjyh said:
From Saxo-Tinkoff's site about Noval:

'The powerful pace-making Spaniard has added a tremendous amount of experience, raw power and loyalty to Team Saxo-Tinkoff since the 2011 season where he's known as a road bodyguard. His biggest efforts are done before the TV cameras are rolling but the Spaniard has a great value on the road and he's much appreciated.'

Others can dó the same better and yet still be able to work even after the TV transmission has started

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
What riders finished today together? I think Roche, Rogers, Contador, Kreuziger, Hernandes, Bennati...anyone else?

Very good result today, not much people expected that including me.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Kokoso said:
What riders finished today together? I think Roche, Rogers, Contador, Kreuziger, Hernandes, Bennati...anyone else?

Very good result today, not much people expected that including me.

And Tossato I think. Promising performance from many riders.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Benjamin Noval tore something but okay to continue.

Well they dont know if can complete the Tour but he will start tomorrow. He will require surgery after the Tour. To bad cos he was really strong for once

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
There are also voices, that Tinkoff won't be a sponsor in 2014 and if I look into the list of riders Saxo is highly interested (ok one can say that's the usual hot air during the Tour/transfer period), I rate it as a likely scenario.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So results are finally coming. Kreuziger and Majka will both podium the Vuelta and Roche will win all the jerseys... Or am I a little bit overoptimistic? :) Anyway strong performance so far. Kreuziger and Roche won't have regretted their move to Saxo, and I don't think Riis has regretted. Are there any news on the sponsor situation for next year? Rumour was that a sponsor was almost in place a couple of weeks ago...

TRENDING THREADS