• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Scheldeprijs: April 10th, 2019

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well regardless of Morkov's blocking it never looked like Ackermann had a chance, he was way too far.

Jakobsen with an easy win. The old generation of Kittel and Greipel seems dead. And from the new generation none of the top sprinters were here.
This race is losing in value fast.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Jakobsen with an easy win. The old generation of Kittel and Greipel seems dead. And from the new generation none of the top sprinters were here.
I'd tend to say Jakobson and Ackermann are on a more or less similar level. Crashing twice today and having a wound on the thigh certainly didn't help of course.

Re:

Pantani_lives said:
Greipel and Kittel don't have a team anymore to launch their sprint. Vanmarcke tried to launch Modolo, but that didn't work out either.

Kittel has struggled in the last 18 months to keep up with his team - there's been a few occasions when Kittel's lead-out has been looking over their shoulders for the last 1km.

Re: Re:

search said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I'd tend to say Jakobson and Ackermann are on a more or less similar level. Crashing twice today and having a wound on the thigh certainly didn't help of course.

Are you talking about Jakobsen? He crashed, had a gash on his knee and still won easily. Ackermann couldn't sprint for the win this year but Jakobsen beat him quite easily last year in this same race. No one looked to be able to overtake Jakobsen today either. In other words, I don't think Ackermann is on a similar level to Jakobsen to be honest. At least not in terms of speed.

yeah, I know he crashed as well, I basically just meant to say that Ackermann's performance yesterday shouldn't really be taken as a measurement for his speed or sprinting abilities.

Obviously Jakobsen is good as well, there's no doubt about that, but not counting Ackermann as one of the "new generation" top sprinters made no sense. He didn't win 6 WT races/stages last year without a reason