• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Scheldeprijs Schoten: October 14th, 2020

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As Lanterne Rouge has described nicely, the punishment for causing other riders to crash is so mild that the dangerous riding is worth it: There is a risk of being religated, but when you know that you will miss a top spot anyway, you have nothing to lose. There should be further consequences like in most other sports.

When was the last time there was no sprint finish in this race? Taking a quick look at the winners' list, I get the impression that it's at least 30 years.

2005 was a break of 2 and 2006 a group of about 15 (the race was still held the wednesday after Roubaix and Quick Step where nowhere to be seen in Roubaix so as punishment/revenge they went full gas from the start).

Reactions: Danskebjerge
De Kleijn eight? So... it wasn't him who crashed?
It wasn't De Kleijn. The dutch are celebrating right now that it was just a norwegian

unknown.png

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
If 'that's just how he sprints' means swerving across half the road and cutting off at least two others, he has no business in the peloton.
I only saw what was posted in the Tweet above and he wasn't "swerving across half the road"... It looked a bit wide but nothing out of ordinary in a sprint situation... I'm not even Bonifazio's fan so I really care if he was punished or not... Just saying;)

TRENDING THREADS