• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Schleck's form

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
He could do a surprisingly strong TT too.

Contador doesn't look as good as last year to me and I think Schleck could get the yellow jersey back after the Tourmalet. If Menchov could somehow follow his attack it could give him a chance to overhaul both Schleck and Contador in the TT.

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Connor Pass said:

Contador doesn't look as good as last year to me and I think Schleck could get the yellow jersey back after the Tourmalet. If Menchov could somehow follow his attack it could give him a chance to overhaul both Schleck and Contador in the TT.

Well form also means you have to be able to TT. I have a feeling he will have a disastrous TT like Ramussen did in 2005. I can't remember the last time a skinny, tall, gawky rider like AS won the tour. Rider built like him genrally don't TT well. But after what I saw today, I hoping he can pull this out and beat El CapGun.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Lajeretta4Ever said:
Well form also means you have to be able to TT. I have a feeling he will have a disastrous TT like Ramussen did in 2005. I can't remember the last time a skinny, tall, gawky rider like AS won the tour. Rider built like him genrally don't TT well. But after what I saw today, I hoping he can pull this out and beat El CapGun.
It's not gonna happen. Contador won the tour today.

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
greenhulk said:
Regardless of the final result on GC, Shleck has best form in Le Tour! Bravo to Shleck and his trainers on fantastic peak. Form is spot on!

if he has the best form he'll be wearing yellow in paris.

erader

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Connor Pass said:

he'd better TT better than usual or he might be third monkey this year.

erader

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
erader said:
if this stage made the difference schleck would have never won.

erader

With the jump that had gone down by Shrek, I think he would have been up a minute before the Tourmalet where he might have gained even more. But it doesn't matter anymore. Contador has apologized and he has won the race.

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
With the jump that had gone down by Shrek, I think he would have been up a minute before the Tourmalet where he might have gained even more. But it doesn't matter anymore. Contador has apologized and he has won the race.

schleck jumped around 1 km from the top. if he gained any time on contador -- BIG if -- he would have lost time on the run in. just like he did today.

schleck already received one major gift this tour and really that gained him more time than he lost today.

like i said i hated to see him lose time for a sloppy shift but his timing was really bad. maybe he should have attacked sooner, like yesterday.

erader

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
erader said:
if he has the best form he'll be wearing yellow in paris.

erader

The guy has clearly been the class of this race. He was gapping AC when the chain dropped, Sanchez and Denny were behind AC when AC attacked, after doing an Ullrich, circa 03 around AS. Contador's explanation was that he had to follow those two guys, AC initiated the attack after Andy had his situation. His explanation only proves more that the guy is total sociopath.

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
greenhulk said:
The guy has clearly been the class of this race. He was gapping AC when the chain dropped, Sanchez and Denny were behind AC when AC attacked, after doing an Ullrich, circa 03 around AS. Contador's explanation was that he had to follow those two guys, AC initiated the attack after Andy had his situation. His explanation only proves more that the guy is total sociopath.

:rolleyes:

erader

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Connor Pass said:

Like he did in the prologue right??? :rolleyes:

scribe said:
With the jump that had gone down by Shrek, I think he would have been up a minute before the Tourmalet where he might have gained even more.

Hahahaha really??? Andy is going to be killed in Le Tourmalet by El Pistolero... that is his favorite climb... seeing Andy gapping AC there is a dream...

Scribe your last pots are really lame... totally nonsense...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
Like he did in the prologue right??? :rolleyes:

Hahahaha really??? Andy is going to be killed in Le Tourmalet by El Pistolero... that is his favorite climb... seeing Andy gapping AC there is a dream...

Scribe your last pots are really lame... totally nonsense...

Congrats on getting to see your guy win #3. With any luck, he can do it again next year.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Are you related to Schleck or something? yes i know it was sad to see him lose the race the way it happened, but come on.

What? There is no fight left in the dog. The race is over.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
greenhulk said:
The guy has clearly been the class of this race. He was gapping AC when the chain dropped,

yeah, that's why Vino covered it so easily...

greenhulk said:
His explanation only proves more that the guy is total sociopath.

It really is hard seeing your idol fall, isn't it?

TRENDING THREADS