• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Schumacher Comeback Thread

Michael Schumacher owns whole nations. He is one of my all-time hero's.
I'd do the same kind of **** if I was a good racer. :cool:
One of the last racers also. Lately F1 has become a boring parade every race, disgusting, I stopped watching.

Stefan Schumacher is another doped up bald guy who probably performs just as well after as before suspension

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I remember ayrton woudl always say his nephew had even more talent than him, what a load of bs that turned out to be

anyway I never liked schumacher too much but I liked his agressive way of racing and I hope he returns very succesfully as an extra dart in the eye for the german media

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
"Mea Culpa" bold Darth Vader rule returns.

darth-vader.jpg

God do love this thread thanks Denkoff for starting it, keep us up to date will yah.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Michael Schumacher owns whole nations. He is one of my all-time hero's.
I'd do the same kind of **** if I was a good racer. :cool:
One of the last racers also. Lately F1 has become a boring parade every race, disgusting, I stopped watching.

What, so it was exciting when the same guy won every single week?

I gave up watching in the Schumacher era. Not because he wasn't incredible, but for the same reason I can't stand Cavendish. When all sense of unpredictability is gone, it just doesn't seem worth investing the time in it.

We have some "real racers" on the current grid, but since the cars have bulletproof reliability and they've never had to think for themselves thanks to growing up in the fuelstop era (racers like Schumacher grew and came through the development formulae before it) meaning they can rely on strategy, passes are increasingly rare.

Estebán Gutiérrez, a Mexican racer in GP3, will be the next 'real racer'.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
SS to race for Miche

Stefan Schumacher will race the rest of this season with Miche
The German rider Stefan Schumacher will race again this season after serving his two-year ban and will do with the Italian team Miche, together with which it has committed, in principle, also for next season.

Schumacher may return to run from August 28 after the final sentence of TAS in January and will debut in September with Miche.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=29498

This is how the jersey looks like:
rasmussen_in_miche_600.jpg

All this love for f1? Cycling fans are its natural enemies. Its main adversity (for participants ) is danger, but cycling is in many peoples eyes more dangerous, and danger is only one of the adversities in cycling. While it no doubt takes talent to make it as a f1 driver, once someone makes it, the world championship itself is determined entirely on luck, and not the heart and guts performances cycling fans rely on.

Based on the fact that in qualifying, all the guys are seperated by mili seconds, and coincidentally the teams with best cars have the drivers at the top,in my opinion the ability to is a skill multiple people can learn to total perfection, and is therefore an achievment not worth the hype that surrounds it. If towards the end of a race, people started going all over the place and crashing far more frequently, i would say endurance is a factor. But considering all f1 drivers have proven themselves capable to finish the race with ease, i would say the endurance factor is overated too. The forumla 1 drivers who drive a car, get millions of dollars, even the crap ones live in mansions, even though its the engineers who win them races, while the heroes of cycling live on basic wages. On the biggest day of the year for cycling stories (end of tour) all the tdf stories in the world sports press were relegated by some bulls**t about ferrari manufacturing results. That gp was one 17th of the f1 world championships. The tdf was the grandady of the all in this thing of ours.

And that is the big problem with f1 these days. All the excitement is manufactured controversies. Its all about the "controversies" all the debates are about whether this component is legal, kerrs, speed through pit lane, fuel allowance, lying to stewards, computer hacking, should they give a drive through penalty for this or that, celebrities at the circuit, sex scandals, race fixing etc etc

The racing itself is way too boring so they just manufacture these controversies, all of which are presented to the world as "the death of f1 is coming" and all of which suspiciously raise the profile of f1 even further:rolleyes:.

TRENDING THREADS