• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sean Yates

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
I think Richie Porte will get spooked. He'll want to lay off the sauce now. He actually has a career in cycling. Either leaves Sky or drops from the A-Team. Next years Tour is going to be funny. Sky are going to be in two minds in how to win.

Hog! Wonderful forecast! I'll take you up on this - one 6 pack of yer fav microbrew on whether we see a significant diff in the Sky strategy this year! This is, after all, a mere few months away!

Can you suggest some metrics we can use as deciding points?

Fav microbrews limited to something we can actually get - no Belgian stuff we'd have to fly over to get.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Don Quixote said:
I don't find reference back to '92 - can you be more specific?

When Armstrong was in the hospital and asked by 2 doctors did ever take PEDS he listed all and when he started. Betsy testified to hearing it.

So Armstrong was taking them since young and told doctors which ones.

Armstrong allegedly was on steroids for triathlons as a teenager as he had the tell tale huge neck from steroids as a 17year old!

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Every time a former teammate comes forward Yates looks more and more like a fool...or more specifically: a liar...

Maybe a foolish liar. He was interviewed on the radio in the Uk a couple of days and he genuinely sounded embarrassed when he was pretending the whole Armstrong thing was a shock to him. Maybe Brailsford will choose to believe him and he will keep his job.

Benotti69 said:
When Armstrong was in the hospital and asked by 2 doctors did ever take PEDS he listed all and when he started. Betsy testified to hearing it.

So Armstrong was taking them since young and told doctors which ones.

Armstrong allegedly was on steroids for triathlons as a teenager as he had the tell tale huge neck from steroids as a 17year old!

And what of Dr. Craig Nichols? Hope he didn't spend all that 500k donation! Might need it for his upcominging legal suits.

And for those wondering about Nike. Nichols and the center he works/worked is in Orgen has recieved continued donations from Nike and Livestrong.

Go figure.

If anyone remembers the Sean Yates issue of Cycle Sport magazine when he retired, they had photos of him during different points of his career.

The way his body mass morphed was incredible. Then I found out through one of my various sources that he was a huge abuser of growth hormone, and I no longer wondered how he did it.

It seems as if the fallout from this affair is going to continue for some time. I half expect a confession from another Armstrong crony every time I wake up.

And seeing as Yates was the prototype for George Hincapie, I don't see how he avoids it for much longer.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Berzin said:
If anyone remembers the Sean Yates issue of Cycle Sport magazine when he retired, they had photos of him during different points of his career.

The way his body mass morphed was incredible. Then I found out through one of my various sources that he was a huge abuser of growth hormone, and I no longer wondered how he did it.

It seems as if the fallout from this affair is going to continue for some time. I half expect a confession from another Armstrong crony every time I wake up.

And seeing as Yates was the prototype for George Hincapie, I don't see how he avoids it for much longer.

yeahright128633072374948419.jpg

btw why would a rider abuse growth hormons? to become bigger and heavier? that is the least he would want to become as a cyclist.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
...btw why would a rider abuse growth hormons? to become bigger and heavier? that is the least he would want to become as a cyclist.

IDK but clearly they have. To put on lean muscle? To aid recovery? Or it has been suggested it's of little use other than as a masking agent (don't understand process).

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Barnaby said:
I'm sure Darryl has doubts about the integrity of more than Yates on the Sky management team. From personal experience I would guess.

Do you mean did I see a certain someone inject just about an hour before a criterium when he knew there was no medical control , then pass the needle to another rider who injected the remainder into his backside direct through his shorts :eek:( I'm not making this up!)...or later in the same year the same guy use a managers urine in a drinks can to pour in to the sample jar to avoid giving his own sample ...and that guy now works as DS for a well known TV broadcasting sponsored team ?.....or that bit of dodgyness was then sussed by the race organisation who,s response was to settle for said rider to pull out of the race and say no more about it.
I really couldn't possibly say ..;)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
Do you mean did I see a certain someone inject just about an hour before a criterium when he knew there was no medical control , then pass the needle to another rider who injected the remainder into his backside direct through his shorts :eek:( I'm not making this up!)...or later in the same year the same guy use a managers urine in a drinks can to pour in to the sample jar to avoid giving his own sample ...and that guy now works as DS for a well known TV broadcasting sponsored team ?.....or that bit of dodgyness was then sussed by the race organisation who,s response was to settle for said rider to pull out of the race and say no more about it.

What's the bet UK anti-doping will not be contacting you and doing their job?

Maybe you and Kimmage should a have coffee sometime :D

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
What's the bet UK anti-doping will not be contacting you and doing their job?

Maybe you and Kimmage should a have coffee sometime :D

I think thats a pretty safe bet Benotti...a coffee with Paul would be great..we rode a couple of races together but I don't think we ever found the time for a natter.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:

Darryl,

Will you bring this up with the British branch of WADA? Surely now the agencies will be (you'd think!) more receptive/likely to investigate this sort of thing? Especially if the people you're referring to are in positions where they can influence the culture of a cycling team.

Regards,
Sandeep.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Sandeep said:
Darryl,

Will you bring this up with the British branch of WADA? Surely now the agencies will be (you'd think!) more receptive/likely to investigate this sort of thing? Especially if the people you're referring to are in positions where they can influence the culture of a cycling team.

Regards,
Sandeep.

If someone contacted me I,d tell all I saw.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:

I assume you're talking about injecting amphet. Why would they choose to inject over snorting it? Stronger effect, or longer lasting? And why IM over mainlining it.