• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Second set of wheels

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I've got SRAM S60 wheels with a Red cassette. On my previous bike i had Fulcrum 5 wheels but with shimano 105 so now I'm looking for a new set of low profile wheels.
Can you guys give me some advice? Thanks

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
icebreaker said:
The same advice I would give anyone asking this question.

Handbuilt - either 28/32 or 32/32 ; double butted spokes and built 3 cross.

Cheap, reasonably light weight ( depending on components you choose ) and easily repairable and serviceable.

yeah, but it'd be beter if you could just give some types you know :p that's what i meant

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought SRAM and Shimano cassettes were interchangable on the same wheel. So if you've still got the Fulcrum 5's, you should be able to use them.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
icebreaker said:
Ok then,

You are in Europe.

get some Ambrosio Excellence or Excellight rims,

hubs - something like the DT240 front and rear and DT Revolution spokes (depending on your weight)

Bomb proof last forever wheels.

I'll second the Ambrosio recommendation, but will suggest Edco Super G hubs (poor mans' DT, just as good) and Sapim Race spokes, since he's in Belgium (support local Co's.) No need for anything less than 14/15g spokes on a everyday training wheel set. Weight isn't an issue when you're putting the junk miles in. ;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
yeah, but it'd be beter if you could just give some types you know :p that's what i meant

Why don't you buy you a set of cheap wheels and shut up and ride. Whose approval are you looking for anyway? Jeez.

TRENDING THREADS