• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Sepp Kuss is the next Sepp Kuss thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why would he share with the guy who finished a minute behind him today?

Because Tom is the team leader with Roglic and his form is showing to be on the right trajectory to peak at the Tour? Or maybe because he’s won a Grand Tour and finished 2nd in two others and has arguably the 4th best overall palmares in the peloton today behind three legit cycling greats?

That was just great watching him ride today, he just has that effortless look about him like he really enjoys it!

EfjTlwbXYAAd8Zd

Reactions: jmdirt and Carols
Because Tom is the team leader with Roglic and his form is showing to be on the right trajectory to peak at the Tour? Or maybe because he’s won a Grand Tour and finished 2nd in two others and has arguably the 4th best overall palmares in the peloton today behind three legit cycling greats?
I kid, I kid. I thought this was the thread where we big up Sepp's chances and hype the bejeepers out of him.

I think between today, and his stage win at the Vuelta last year, it's obvious the management at JV rate the kid, and are happy to give him his chances when the opportunity arises. I suspect he'll be riding for them for as long as he wants to, and will get leadership roles in big races in the not too distant future.

I kid, I kid. I thought this was the thread where we big up Sepp's chances and hype the bejeepers out of him.

I think between today, and his stage win at the Vuelta last year, it's obvious the management at JV rate the kid, and are happy to give him his chances when the opportunity arises. I suspect he'll be riding for them for as long as he wants to, and will get leadership roles in big races in the not too distant future.

I agree completely.

Leinster said: Why would he share with the guy who finished a minute behind him today?

As we say in the USA It was a tongue in cheek comment He was kidding but with a bit of it's not that crazy ;)

Reactions: perico
Does Sepp have an TT pedigree? How many minutes will he lose on that Le Tour stage?

Could see him having an Andy's like domestique role when Sastre won in 2008 where he just toyed with people.
His best ITT result outside of North America was 70th (5mins slowed than Roglic over 36km) at the Vuelta last year. But then, he’s presumably been under instruction to not burn too many matches on ITT days, as he’s generally had a GC contender to work for.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Does Sepp have an TT pedigree?

"I do work on my TT, but not nearly as much as the other GC riders. The team knows that the TT will always be difficult for me, but they have still done aero testing with me each year and TT training. Another difference is as a support rider, I rarely do a TT at ‘race speed’ because I’m saving energy for the next day. This year and next I’d like to approach more TT’s as an actual race because I still need to improve the flow of a TT during a race- physically and mentally. "

I think the problem for Kuss is he simply doesn't have the climbing results to warrant any sort of protection, so if he were to get into a good position in GC it would have to be like Poels in the 2017 Vuelta.

I'm not saying he's not at the level he could be a GT leader, but he'd have to show that level in a GT. Perhaps, with the Giro and Vuelta both being after the Tour, he might get some chance in one of them.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think the problem for Kuss is he simply doesn't have the climbing results to warrant any sort of protection, so if he were to get into a good position in GC it would have to be like Poels in the 2017 Vuelta.

I'm not saying he's not at the level he could be a GT leader, but he'd have to show that level in a GT. Perhaps, with the Giro and Vuelta both being after the Tour, he might get some chance in one of them.

He's done 3 GTs, all in a support role for either Kruiswijk or Roglic's GC efforts. Of course his personal results wouldn't be good. But when he's been given leeway the last 2 years, he has pulled off a couple of very impressive stage wins, out of very strong and motivated breakaways, all while maintaining his standard of mountain domestique duties on other days. When faith has been placed in him, he has repaid it.

I think we're starting to mix posters up.

Yeah, it was a general forum thingy reference (I can't even remember who had/has the quote about the Black Album and Cancellara), nothing directly related to LS.

I am not even into heavy metal myself, but can't really give an opinion on the quality (or not) of that album.

And although he/she is generally liked and admired around here, I definitely consider LS to be underrated :)