• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sepp Kuss... The 3 GT monster

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I've heard of this gene doping, whats the difference between that and normal doping?
The idea is that some riders alter the genes of their riders to iron out their flaws. So, for a rider who can‘t sprint (Evenepoel two years ago), you would try to increase his fast-twitch muscle fiber by altering genes so he can become an amazing sprinter (Evenepoel now)

Also banned twice because of doping and butt buddies with Phil Gaimon.
I actually don't have a problem with Danielson himself, but people like Gaimon roasting convicted dopers only to say that his friend Danielson doesn't count is a meme.
Does Phil's wife know about the butt buddy thing? I don't know if you know where Sepp Kuss lives or payroll and employment criteria at Jumbo Visma but it sounds like you are confused about what bus to ride.
Tom Danielson is not on Jumbo payroll I don't think and I don't think he travels w Phil Gaimon or Sepp Kuss..so maybe advisor is a better title than coach or trainer, which sort of implies day to day.
And in the other post is Kuss being accused of gene therapy or jean therapy? He probably has some Levi's being from Colorado.
I think Gaimon lives in Los Angeles and has a YouTube channel about retirement. He is famous in the US for having a tattoo.. I think on his arm of a bar of soap as a testament to clean cycling..

Reactions: CJCycling
Only not found in pits before or after the race, no obvious controls found during bike checks and no motors found in post race inspections and X-Ray.. other than that there are big fat easy to identify motors everywhere.
I doubt Jumbo would risk the team's reputation in order that a domestic could win the Vuelta. Kuss winning would be a good story, but could you imagine the fallout regarding Vinge and Roglic's (not to mention WVA's) past victories if one of their teammates got caught with a motor? Sometimes you have to apply logic.

Reactions: Bolder and SHAD0W93
I've heard of this gene doping, whats the difference between that and normal doping?
Gene therapy involves injecting DNA for medical reasons. Gene doping would mean injecting DNA to enhance performance. One possibility is to make the body produce more EPO. Almost twenty years ago scientists have created the "marathon mouse", a lab animal with an exceptional endurance.

Here's an article:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8265421/

I honestly dont know why some of you guys find motor doping/magnetic wheels so hard to belive.
Only not found in pits before or after the race, no obvious controls found during bike checks and no motors found in post race inspections and X-Ray.. other than that there are big fat easy to identify motors everywhere.

lol yeah suuuure, UCI will find it with their magic ipad cameras. lets not forget that the UCI denied the french officials to search team skys bikes in 2015 tour time trial.
They have no interest in ever being found as it will destroy the sport.

One thing i found interesting about the Pineau quote is that is he aluding to armstrong using a motor?

“Cycling is my sport, I lived from it and still live from it. It's my passion, but I'm scared. It worries me very much. I see certain things happening... On the Col de Spandelles, Kuss goes ten seconds ahead without pedaling. I don't know how that's possible," concludes Pineau. “There was never any evidence with Lance Armstrong , but we riders in the peloton knew about his deception. Now exactly the same thing is happening."

Reactions: CJCycling
I doubt Jumbo would risk the team's reputation in order that a domestic could win the Vuelta. Kuss winning would be a good story, but could you imagine the fallout regarding Vinge and Roglic's (not to mention WVA's) past victories if one of their teammates got caught with a motor? Sometimes you have to apply logic.
I mean whats the logic? You want Kuss to win but you carry on using motors on Jonas and Roglics bikes? Surely you'd take them out if you wanted to help Kuss?

I mean whats the logic? You want Kuss to win but you carry on using motors on Jonas and Roglics bikes? Surely you'd take them out if you wanted to help Kuss?
So the argument is that everyone on Jumbo uses a motor most of the time (Roglic, Jonas, WVA) but Jonas and Roglic weren't allowed theirs for the Vuelta and Kuss was? Hmmm. I think that would require collusion in the sport at the highest levels, and not just one or two people, perhaps dozens or more as it would span multiple races? I suppose it could be true, but not likely. Tin foil hat time on the forum.

So the argument is that everyone on Jumbo uses a motor most of the time (Roglic, Jonas, WVA) but Jonas and Roglic weren't allowed theirs for the Vuelta and Kuss was? Hmmm. I think that would require collusion in the sport at the highest levels, and not just one or two people, perhaps dozens or more as it would span multiple races? I suppose it could be true, but not likely. Tin foil hat time on the forum.
And cervelo would also need to be involved.

So without their motors they still pummelled Mas, Ayuso, Landa, Remco etc.? They don't seem to need them, eh? Seems like they wouldn't run the risk of getting caught using something that they don't need?