• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

sevilla

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
16.10.10 / 1:21 pm

Polar-Pablo-Restrepo-Oscar-Sevilla-600.jpg

Sevilla teams up with POLAR for 2011, before the analytical findings of his "B" sample will be returned next week. The bike he's riding in the picture looks some how familiar. [http://revistamundociclistico.com]

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
We represent the Lollipop Guild
The Lollipop Guild, the Lollipop Guild.
And in the name of the Lollipop Guild
We wish to welcome you to Munchkin Land

LOL! Seriously, LMFAO! I saw that earlier pic, and was thinking about how it made me feel - not happy. Thanks for dragging me out of 'angry land' with a good chuckle...

rock_trio.jpg

The all-Rock Racing podium (from left): Victor HugoPena, Santiago Botero and Oscar Sevilla. Rock Racings Triple Podium

"We're all stars now in the dope show"

Barrancabermeja, Santander, Colombia Rock Racing sent shockwaves through the field at the 58th Vuelta a Colombia by sweeping the top four places in Saturdays prologue.

Rock Racings Santiago Botero won the 5.2-mile (8.4 km) individual time trial in nine minutes and 53 seconds, leading teammates Victor HugoPena seven seconds behind), Oscar Sevilla and Tyler Hamilton (both 14 seconds back).

Doping allegations

"In 2006, Team Phonak dropped him (Santiago Botero) on June 2 after he was named in media reports on the massive Operación Puerto [4] doping probe in Spain, this just weeks before the start of the 2006 Tour de France. On October 2, 2006, Botero was cleared by the disciplinary committee of the Federación Colombiana de Ciclismo (Colombian Cycling Federation).[5] On February 28, 2007, Botero was presented with his new team UNE Orbitel in Bogota, Colombia. He outlined that his ambitions for the year would be to win the Vuelta a Colombia, to be the Colombian national champion and a podium place in the UCI World championships individual time trial event.[6] In August, Botero won the Vuelta a Colombia for the first time in his career. He dominated the event by winning the prologue and two stages along the way as well as wearing the leaders jersey for most of the race."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_Botero#Doping_allegations

Seems like Columbia has similar standards for empathy to Spain

Víctor Hugo Peña Grisales (participated in the) 2003 Tour de France, where he served as domestique for Lance Armstrong.

six degrees of Lance... a fun new game...

flicker said:
Is Botero coming back to Europa as a director sportive. He was a fantastic and wonderful rider with KELME.

Now you've got me wondering if you're Hammer or Anvil?

Subtlety and Innuendo from Flicker?

Doping Controversy

In March 2004 in an exclusive interview with the Spanish newspaper As, the former Kelme cyclist Jesús Manzano exposed the systematic doping in the team. During the interview he detailed blood doping[2] as well as the various performance enhancing drugs he used while on the team.[3] Immediately the Kelme team denied the allegations and Jean-Marie Leblanc the director of the Tour de France was also sceptical about the allegations.[4]. After more detailed revelations, the Kelme team who had been invited to the 2004 Tour de France had their invite withdrawn.[5]

The subsequent investigation into his doping activities and the allegations he made led to the questioning of several members of the Kelme team in April 2004. These included Eufemiano Fuentes who was at that time the current Kelme team doctor, Walter Virú the team doctor before Fuentes, and Alfredo Córdova who was working for Liberty Seguros but was involved with Kelme in 2003.[6] An investigation began into the practises of Fuentes in early 2006 by Central Operating Unit, the anti-drug trafficking arm of the Spanish Guardia Civil.[7] In May 2006, several arrests were made. Manzano's statements had led directly to the development of this investigation.[8] In June 2007 Manzano claimed that Alejandro Valverde doped with testosterone during the 2002 Vuelta a España.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelme_(cycling_team)

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Is Botero coming back to Europa as a director sportive. He was a fantastic and wonderful rider with KELME.

I think this is what Kathy and Greg have been dreaming about. A troika of Botero, Sevilla and el inocenti Sr. Mancebo. If they can pull in the lost tribes of Kelme and Polti I think we have tour contenders here. Go team Botero 2011; live Kathy and Gregs' dream.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Is Sevilla going to be acquitted ?

Susan Westemeyer said:
I get touchy when anyone misrepresents something.

Susan

DAOTEC said:
Oscar Sevilla Cleared

Oscar Sevilla habilitado para seguir compitiendo. Anulada la suspensión provisional (EXCLUSIVO)

http://www.revistamundociclistico.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8135&Itemid=74

Susan Westemeyer said:
ACtually he has not been cleared at all. The provisional suspension stemming from his positive A sample has been lifted. It will be re-imposed if the B sample is also positive, and it will then be up to the Spanish federation to hold disciplinary hearings.

Lifting the temporary suspension is in no way a ruling as to his guilt or innocence.

And this is drifting into Clinic territory, so if there is any futher discussion, let's do it there.

Susan

Sevilla told the Spanish newspaper El Tiempo. "I'm not safe yet. Let's say that justice is done because there is no reason to suspend me, I have done noting illegal. The B sample is scheduled to be analyzed on 7 October.

UCI spokesman Enrico Carpani explained to [Cyclingnews] that HES is a forbidden substance, but incurs disciplinary proceedings only when the B sample is also positive.

Sevilla, Wada code and Spanish Fed. say there can be no doping case, as with a forbidden substance, since hydroxyethyl is not on the banned list, "

It's very close !

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Peña burnt his legs for your idol. Did you forget that?

many did and where are they now? As Mr. T said" I pity the poor fool."

Like I said before I studied Lance after the fact. Guys would train with him and be ruined permanantly. Tough luck don't spar with the champ.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Botero I respect as a cyclist and a person. Hugo Pena and Sevilla not.

Flicker, I'm confused. In other thread, you recently said that you didn't follow cycling much this past decade, and only know about Lance from watching the '99-'05 highlight videos.

If so..., how could you know enough about BOTERO's career to say you respect him as a cyclist and a person??
Very curious, pls explain.

(To me, I know nothing about Botero as a person, but I do know that he often would spend his early season "in seclusion, training at altitude in Colombia" (cough cough), only to join up w/ his teammates in July and kick *** at the Tour. Given the history of EPO, testing, and the whereabouts rule, this is all very dubious, in retrospect. But again, I know nothing about him as a person!)

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
NashbarShorts said:
Flicker, I'm confused. In other thread, you recently said that you didn't follow cycling much this past decade, and only know about Lance from watching the '99-'05 highlight videos.

If so..., how could you know enough about BOTERO's career to say you respect him as a cyclist and a person??
Very curious, pls explain.

(To me, I know nothing about Botero as a person, but I do know that he often would spend his early season "in seclusion, training at altitude in Colombia" (cough cough), only to join up w/ his teammates in July and kick *** at the Tour. Given the history of EPO, testing, and the whereabouts rule, this is all very dubious, in retrospect. But again, I know nothing about him as a person!)
I watched him in the tour, I think he rode with Kelme. Stand out rider, took the bit in his teeth. Totally a gut reaction as a cyclist. I might be wrong , you can shoot me down on this one.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I think that Colombia. after Grand Caneria and Tenifre are excellent training grounds for uber talented cyclists like Botero and his cadre.

As Vino himself said this year, one needs the isolation from the kids and wife to gain the positive requirements needed for the Astana team to have a coheseveness and comradere to support a winning battle for Alberto.

Same can be said for Botero, he needs the isolation to sharpen his laserlike focus and be able to climb and time trial.

Also it is good when WADA is unable to find their riders as they pedal over the Andes or extinct volcanoes.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Update

Oscar Sevilla, run down by a bus before traveling to Spain

11/01/1910 / 8:41 PM | Hours before boarding the plane that took him to Spain on Monday, Sevilla, was taken to hospital to the violence of the impact caused by the reckless driver of a bus that fled immediately it happened in his last training on the road from Bogota to Alto Patios.
Sevilla later today was expected at the airport in El Dorado from where he was scheduled to travel to Albacete in the company of his wife Yvonne who will give birth to their daughter on Spanish soil in mid-December.
Sevilla needs to get certified by the Spanish Cycling Federation to continu his career in 2011 without any restrictions as he would not enter into any Pro-team until he has sufficient clarity, hoping to have resolved some issues before the start of the new season, when he returns to Colombia in February.

Source: [http://revistamundociclistico.com]

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
Oscar Sevilla, run down by a bus before traveling to Spain

11/01/1910 / 8:41 PM | Hours before boarding the plane that took him to Spain on Monday, Sevilla, was taken to hospital to the violence of the impact caused by the reckless driver of a bus that fled immediately it happened in his last training on the road from Bogota to Alto Patios.

Wow, life imitating art? I just watched the excellent film, "The Ghostwriter". In it, the protagonist spends the film trying to unravel a conspiracy theory. He finally solves it, but then gets run down while crossing the street.

Was Pat McQuaid behind the wheel of that bus??? :eek:

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well not as shocking as the Berto news, but still ....

"La Federación Española habilitó a Sevilla para volver a correr hasta terminar el proceso y determinar si rompió las reglas antidopaje."

Corazon_Colombia.jpg

May 26, 2010
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
Well not as shocking as the Berto news, but still ....

"La Federación Española habilitó a Sevilla para volver a correr hasta terminar el proceso y determinar si rompió las reglas antidopaje."

Corazon_Colombia.jpg

buried on under the news about Contador...hmmmmm:rolleyes:

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
buried on under the news about Contador...hmmmmm:rolleyes:

babyface (habilitó) is to ride with José Enrique Quique Gutiérrez at 'Orgullo Paísa' in 2011.

26.01.11/4:23 PM | (http://revistamundociclistico.com/Öscar-Sevilla-acquitted.php)

on the other hand in the same declaration:

"la federazione spagnola ha squalificato per due anni David Garcia (Xacobeo Galicia), risultato positivo all'Epo durante l'ultima Vuelta"

(http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/Garcia-gets-2-year-ban.php)

TRENDING THREADS