• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sex, Gender and related issues

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Jspear said:
hrotha said:
That means some people are trans, Jspear.

That's not what I mean? I guess my question is - is sex biological or is it mental?
There's tons of info about transgender out there, if you are willing to keep an open mind and read. (Crikes, even the LGBs have issues with including the trans people in their group... transgender people seem to find very little acceptance/understanding everywhere they go.)

https://www.advocate.com/transgender

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site

Jspear said:
hrotha said:

That's not what I mean? I guess my question is - is sex biological or is it mental?
Sex is biological. Gender is much, much, much more complicated. The Bugis of Indonesia recognize five distinct ones. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_in_Bugis_society

In other words, you can have a diik and be programmed to want to do something other than have missionary s3x with a virginal w0man. Try an experiment. Put on a dress and see if you want to kiss a man.

John Swanson

Right, I really hope I've managed to split this ok and I've not butchered the meaning of anyones posts etc. I apologise if I removed parts of your posts that were appropriate in the other thread, I just wasn't comfortable making decisions for people and thought it better that people repost there themselves.

This is'n't exactly what is being discussed here, or maybe it is. I 'side watched' a documentary on people who are born as female (no testicles or penis), but once they hit puberty (burst of hormones) they develop a penis and testicles.

I also remember reading a research paper about male__________________female being much more of as continuum than just male/female.

The only way I will accept the mental illness assertion is if we are discussing depression on a clinical level. And then it gets into what several other have discussed above.

It isn't important to me what gender someone is or identifies as, just like it doesn't matter to me what religion you are, skin color you have, etc.

Re:

King Boonen said:
Right, I really hope I've managed to split this ok and I've not butchered the meaning of anyones posts etc. I apologise if I removed parts of your posts that were appropriate in the other thread, I just wasn't comfortable making decisions for people and thought it better that people repost there themselves.

Thanks for doing this. I hated derailing the other thread.

ScienceIsCool said:
Jspear said:
hrotha said:

Sex is biological. Gender is much, much, much more complicated. The Bugis of Indonesia recognize five distinct ones. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_in_Bugis_society

In other words, you can have a diik and be programmed to want to do something other than have missionary s3x with a virginal w0man. Try an experiment. Put on a dress and see if you want to kiss a man.

John Swanson
There was an experiment done by psycologists back in the late sixties (if memory serves me correctly), where they surgically altered the genitals of a boy in an attempt to turn it into a girl, and then raised it as a girl. It's male twin was the "control" - or something like that.
The whole thing failed dismally when they got to teenager-dom, and ended in suicide...

TRENDING THREADS