• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Shameful Reporting

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Bike Boy said:
Being able to place in the top five, is in no way contradictory in this regard

No, yeah, I know. I was following your "will struggle to follow AC/AS in the mountains" comment. I should have bolded that part, apologies.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Hibbles said:
No, yeah, I know. I was following your "will struggle to follow AC/AS in the mountains" comment. I should have bolded that part, apologies.

Thought so. but by struggle I also meant to imply that he probably would be off pace

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Bikeboy didn't intend to leave Millar out of the " I saw the light" group. In a pinch I trust Ricco before Millar. Astarloa hasn't said anything about seeing the light and I wonder if he is telling the truth..I hope so.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
Bikeboy didn't intend to leave Millar out of the " I saw the light" group. In a pinch I trust Ricco before Millar. Astarloa hasn't said anything about seeing the light and I wonder if he is telling the truth..I hope so.

The former world champion Igor Astarloa or did you mean Mikel Astarloza?

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
"Shameful reporting" meaning they interviewed a highly experienced DS but I don't like his opinion that my favourite rider will not finish in the top five, so they should not publish this opinion and this is another example of the gutter press because they are not on bended knee with lips puckered waiting for his Lanceness to drop drawers and back into them?

pedaling squares said:
"Shameful reporting" meaning they interviewed a highly experienced DS but I don't like his opinion that my favourite rider will not finish in the top five, so they should not publish this opinion and this is another example of the gutter press because they are not on bended knee with lips puckered waiting for his Lanceness to drop drawers and back into them?
Just read, he highlighted the who won the Tour in 1996 part, i.e. he doesn't think Riis should be called a Tour winner.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Just read, he highlighted the who won the Tour in 1996 part, i.e. he doesn't think Riis should be called a Tour winner.

Yeah, I discounted that because I couldn't figure out how it is shameful reporting to call the 1996 TDF winner the 1996 TDF winner.

A

Anonymous

I've asked to have my forum account deleted, but it hasn't been done yet, so I'll toss this out there. As far as I can tell, it's drawn from the brief press conference/release I'll link at the bottom. All it takes to skew a simple story is a title accusing Contador of snubbing Armstrong (by saying he doesn't want to name rivals for the Tour, there are ten of them, and not agreeing that there are five star contenders and the rest two star). Then add in "perhaps a little maliciously" and you've done it. There's no reporter named, or indication that the writer actually attended the press conference, so they must have a keen eye for snubs and malice. It also doesn't really follow from one thing to another.

Inadequately translated by Google, sorry. It looks like "samples" should be riders.
"Contador Snubs Armstrong"

E 'him the undisputed star of the team that lost many samples passed the Radio Shack with former partner-rival Lance Armstrong.

But Contador, 27, disagrees. "I do not like people to say that there is a sample, or two or five - says Contador - In the team there are so many great players, no one in particular in front of others."

The rivalry with Armstrong in the Tour is strong and the Texan, third a year ago, will certainly be a tough nut, but the Spaniard perhaps a little 'maliciously indicates another opponent, as the most feared: "The adversary to me made in 2009 is more afraid sttato Andy Schleck, who this year has one year experience in several r-I-uro and physically strong. And 'the man he most feared. "

http://www.tio.ch/aa_pagine_comuni/...icolo=523481&IDSezione=8&idsito=74&idtipo=256

The auto translation of the press conference from the Contador website:

Are you the man to beat this year?

No, there are many riders who have a lot to say and I\'m not necessarily the man to beat.

After the Tour, the Tour of Spain is in your plans or not?

There is an option, but will depend on how the season and the team goes. The course is very attractive and I can not say it’s out.

Are you surprised that you\'ve no asked about Armstrong in these first 20-minute press conference?

No, I do not always to be asked about him.

It has been said that there is now a rival of 5 stars and the other only are 2 stars, do you agree?

No, I disagree with that, no one stands out so much. There are many rivals, though in a face to face who put me more in trouble in the mountains of the Tour was Andy Schleck.

What is your relationship with Johan Bruyneel?

We\'re a little more separated because each one is with his project, but relationships are correct and I hope that in some years we will have a completely normal relationship.

Was there a special treatment from Bruyneel to Armstrong?

The Tour de France is over and I not want to to value those things.

http://www.albertocontador.com/prensa.detalle.php?id=291

Cheers. John

TRENDING THREADS