Shaun Stephens to Sky

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
Dr. Maserati said:
What - thats exactly what you did.
should i assume he's a clean coach until tangible evidence to the contrary surfaces? do you? of course not.
that's not accusing, that's just infering.
 
Mrs John Murphy said:
As all sport is dirty the answer would be no. However, Sniper's point is that unlike picking a coach from say Track and Field, you pick a sport which has less/no testing, then there are not going to be any scandals waiting to come out - as they have done with Yates, Julich, Barry, etc
My guess is, they picked a sport here where there might be some knowledge of riding a bike
 
Sep 29, 2012
12,197
0
0
Curious that the Sky articles discussing altitude training are claiming the increase in Hgb mass is no longer the goal...

http://corporate.olympics.com.au/news/royle-s-the-real-deal-with-perfect-hand-in-auckland

Climbing the hills around West Dapto on his bike and simulated altitude training were just two of the key factors that paved the way for Newcastle-born triathlete Aaron Royle to be crowned Australia’s latest World Triathlon Champion in Auckland today.
...
It was an encouraging day all round for the next generation of Australia’s emerging men with Australian Head Coach Shaun Stephens belief in his boys coming to fruition.
Must be that testosterone / cortisol interaction that Aldo Sassi allegedly told some UK journo...

At least Shaun will be backing up Kerrison's plans for more Tenerife camps eh?

;)
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
sniper said:
should i assume he's a clean coach until tangible evidence to the contrary surfaces? do you? of course not.
that's not accusing, that's just infering.
I have no problem answering questions - in fact its quite easy when one is consistent. So please do not attemp to answer for me - because you will usually get it wrong, as you have in this case.

You do not have any evidence, let alone "tangible evidence" - you don't even have as much as an unreliable rumour. You have nothing.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
Dr. Maserati said:
I have no problem answering questions - in fact its quite easy when one is consistent. So please do not attemp to answer for me - because you will usually get it wrong, as you have in this case.

You do not have any evidence, let alone "tangible evidence" - you don't even have as much as an unreliable rumour. You have nothing.
common sense is nothing?
common sense is that there is a 99% chance that Shaun endulges doping. If you wanna hold on to that 1%, be my guest, and say hi to Phil for me.
 
sniper said:
I'm not accusing this guy.
I'm just pointing out some rather obvious things
That this guy has been working with doped up athletes is if course not a fact in the history books, but it's rather obvious nonetheless.
He knows what is required to reach the top, and he'll know it doesn't happen on paniagua.

But this is not yet a guarantee for success. He first has to prove himself at sky. He might have to adapt. He might fail.
How do we explain Cadel's top year in 2011 and his bad form in 2012? One explanation is that his doctor, as experienced as he may be, failed to properly prepare Cadel. Apparently experience isn't everything.
You're not? Well you could have fooled me, because what you are inferring is crystal clear to any with a half a working brain.. :rolleyes:

All we need to do now is wait for Mr. Stephens to make an appearance here, get ****ed at being accused at every step with no shred of actual evidenc then call sniper some names and you'll be happy again that you have done your part in the fight against PED-abuse. You keyboard-warrior you. :D
 

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
4,903
0
0
sniper said:
common sense is nothing?
common sense is that there is a 99% chance that Shaun endulges doping. If you wanna hold on to that 1%, be my guest, and say hi to Phil for me.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein.

You are just making **** up now as you go along. Tiresome.
 
martinvickers said:
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein.
LOL. That is a classic. I need to remember that one. Especially if I am engaging in discussions with Mr. Prejudice again. Stark raving mad, that kid, I tell you. ;)
 
Sep 29, 2012
12,197
0
0
martinvickers said:
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein.

You are just making **** up now as you go along. Tiresome.
Given Einstein was espousing artifacts of quantum mechanics, his distinction of common sense was more applied to the notion that it was not scientific.

Making *** up is almost as bad as taking a quote out of its contextual domain, so you're 1 for 1 there.
 

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
4,903
0
0
GJB123 said:
LOL. That is a classic. I need to remember that one. Especially if I am engaging in discussions with Mr. Prejudice again. Stark raving mad, that kid, I tell you. ;)
my grandfather actually had a better one

'Common sense' is just an eejit's opinion in it's best fur coat
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
martinvickers said:
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein.

You are just making **** up now as you go along. Tiresome.
you clearly missed out on some more recent developments. one is called wikipedia.
Common sense is defined by Merriam-Webster as, "sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_sense

so how's Phil doing lately?
 

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
4,903
0
0
Dear Wiggo said:
Given Einstein was espousing artifacts of quantum mechanics, his distinction of common sense was more applied to the notion that it was not scientific.
And you evidence of this is, DW? How do YOU know when and for what he reason he made this comment? Where is the evidence of the 'context' you refer to?

Or are you just making sh*t up now, too?

Making *** up is almost as bad as taking a quote out of its contextual domain, so you're 1 for 1 there.
Nice try, DW, but
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
sniper said:
common sense is nothing?
common sense is that there is a 99% chance that Shaun endulges doping. If you wanna hold on to that 1%, be my guest, and say hi to Phil for me.
a phrase best not used by you
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Mrs John Murphy said:
And of course, it won't be equally long before some Daily Mail reading fanboys appear to declare him 100% clean because he has a nice english sounding name, and because Brailsford is omniscient and thus would never hire someone dirty.
Daily mail reading fanboys.. Thats a new one.

The kind of people that read that worthless, garbage paper would hate all cycling activities, so I'm not sure where you are coming from there.
 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
1
0
Well now they got swimming and triathlon covered. They just need to find a marathon coach now, to find out how those Kenyans get those marginal gains.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
sniper said:
common sense is nothing?
common sense is that there is a 99% chance that Shaun endulges doping. If you wanna hold on to that 1%, be my guest, and say hi to Phil for me.
Well my apologies. I did not know there was a "99% chance that Shaun endulges doping".

I had just assumed that you did not know about this guy until an hour ago - so can you give the exact reasons he is for this "99% chance".

Phil would probably say hi (but probably get your name wrong) and he would probably thank you for making him sound sensible and rational.
 
sniper said:
you clearly missed out on some more recent developments. one is called wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_sense
Common sense is defined by Merriam-Webster as, "sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts."
"Facts" being the operative word in this definition when discussing things with you. So, pretty please, Mr. Prejudice, show me the facts in this case?

Now let me see how I can phrase this as kindly as possible: "You have got head so far up your own @ss that you can check your won tonsils".
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
GJB123 said:
"Facts" being the operative word in this definition when discussing things with you. So, pretty please, Mr. Prejudice, show me the facts in this case?
facts on doping in prosport?
dude, have you been living in a cave?
under a rock maybe?
 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
1
0
sniper said:
facts on doping in prosport?
dude, have you been living in a cave?
under a rock maybe?
no one ever tests positive in triathlon. sport is probably clean ;)

Seriously though, triathlon has got to be one of the dirtiests sports on the planet. I find it impossible to believe you could win there without being on some super program.
 
sniper said:
facts on doping in prosport?
dude, have you been living in a cave?
under a rock maybe?
No, Mr. Prejudice. I need facts on one Mr. Shaun Stephens. When you go around accusing someone of something, you should be able to back it up. And let me give you a hint, it should be better than "he is in sports, ergo he condones or assists PED-abuse".

And as side note. The only time I could get caught in a cave or under a rock, it would be to find nutters like yourself.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
the sceptic said:
no one ever tests positive in triathlon. sport is probably clean ;)

Seriously though, triathlon has got to be one of the dirtiests sports on the planet. I find it impossible to believe you could win there without being on some super program.
you find it hard to believe but have no proove :eek:

there's barely any money being made in triathlon, so I doubt it. otherwise by now we would've found out about it because of all the cycling doping stories. they are a similar sport and popular in similar countries, but don't have similar doctors?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS