• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Shocking] Cipollini announces his comeback!

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Boeing said:
some guys just cant adjust back to civilian life

And why would they? I've never understood the hate Armstrong got for returning (I do get the hate for a lot of other Armstrong-related things though), or Schumacher for that matter. I think it's in a way great to see they still love what they are doing or want to do. In another way, it's kind of worrying for them, as they will have to stop some day.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Ok guys, hear me out - I have a theory :D

Cipo wants to come back with Farnese for the opportunity to b!tchslap some sense into Pozzato behind closed doors with no witnesses....
He's a little late, IMO. Pippo seems to have grown up some judging by his spring so far.

:D
393082_322353991158924_148498571877801_868617_801045882_n.jpg

295015_322354007825589_148498571877801_868618_558793506_n.jpg

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
rumsas simply rode granfondo's as he sitll could use anything you could name and win races there and make good money. I think now it has cleaned up a lot. even the granfondo's

doping-related content, please feel free to delete or move

Just wanted to apologize for posting doping-related content outside The Clinic. I didn't realize this thread was in another forum b/c I clicked through to it from an email update and replied according to what I read in the most recent msgs. So please feel free to delete or move this post, mod(s). Cheers.

Ryo Hazuki said:
rumsas simply rode granfondo's as he sitll could use anything you could name and win races there and make good money. I think now it has cleaned up a lot. even the granfondo's

i raced against Rumsas a lot in 2006 and, while I had the better of him in Feb and March b/c I had a lot more race days, by the early summer he was untouchable. he definitely made $$ but not the Lampre-money he earned before.

It's unfortunate in the doping discussion that sometimes it's lost or overlooked the fact that Rumsas had tremendous class on the bike and a level of natural ability and talent that far surpassed that of most cyclists, which is why he was a pro in the first place. Of course he improved his performances with doping but he didn't change his class as a rider by using EPO. It didn't give him such an advantage that he was unjustly beating other riders who were equally doped.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
rumsas has never been clean for a day in his life. it says more than enough that instead of focusing on returning as a pro he focused on the granfondo;s simply because he could keep using everything that he wanted. he was suspended btw for 2 or 3 years that's why he's recently returned in the granfondo's. as they finally choose to enforce doping rules there. of course without doping he would still be very strong as hit wasn't the mid 90s, but his mentality lacks as a rider of this era

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Has this Cipo thing finally been put to bed as the PR stunt it is?

Or are people actually believing that Cipo can come back and race in a Giro with no winter training and no early season racing? Yeah he keeps himself in shape but he doesn't train like a pro nor race and that no Italian teams seem to be beating a path to his door gives creedence to that.