• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Should triathletes be allowed on bikes?

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
94788-largest_AM-hairaerotest5.jpg
Hair Improves PerformanceAlphamantis’ Chief Technology Officer, Andy Froncioni, said, "We knew the impact of texturing on lowering aerodynamic drag for skin suits. We thought, 'what better skinsuit texture than a rider's own hair.' British Cycling's recent patent on using chevron patterns on the arms gave us some further ideas. Shaving patterns that allowed more robust turbulent boundary layers to form were better at delaying flow separation, which significantly reduced drag! One day, we could imagine the UCI requiring a fully shaven leg for its races."

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
krebs303 said:

April 1st. But it is a good one. :D

You left out the two best parts though.

With the upside down chevron on the calves this becomes a lethal aero advantage.
94804-largest_AM-hairaerotest2.jpg

The unfortunate reality is that some people who do not naturally grow signifiant amount of leg hair will not be able to benefit as much from this finding. Froncioni is consulting with a colleague who specializes in hair growth treatments to address this and addition to an aero cream to assist this less hairy, less aero population of individuals.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Top of a climb on my mountain bike Saturday I meet this dude all kitted out in tri sleeves yet sleeveless. picture a tank top with arm warmers It was hot so I give him that. He was ****ed his garmin wasn't working in the hills or trees or whatever. He saw I had the same one and asked me to take a look. looked fine to me. he said speed and distance didn't work right. I checked settings it was set to auto pause at 8 mph. I asked why and he said that on his tri bike stop lights kill his average speed. So I'm like you know this means you were climbing less than 8mph right?

TRENDING THREADS