• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Should triathletes be allowed on bikes?

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Race Radio said:
10685253_4576138819317_1005883047_n_zps33e193b9.jpg
Wow. Just...wow. I don't know where to start :eek:

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
King Boonen said:
This thread, and that place, never fail to deliver :D

Surely it's fairly simple: If you can't maintain the position, don't bloody ride in it!

Who would have thought it actually look ahead so you can spot hazards?!

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I have asked this before and contemplated it many times and discussed it in group rides to no avail with no answer until today. The question is, here in socal anyway,: WTF with the sleeveless tank top jerseys and arm warmers on all these tri people?

Again I will admit the arm-candy look works for me on some of these babes who Tri. (and there are some serious nuggets in that sport, a topic we ignore) kinda a throw back material girl goth look...mmmmm

But then it occurred to me that they probably bought arm warmers thinking they were compression garments on sale.

We have had a triathlete here die a few years ago after he failed to see the parked lorry on a straight road 3 lanes wide. How hard is it for these guys to look at where they arw going??

Boeing said:
The question is, here in socal anyway,: WTF with the sleeveless tank top jerseys and arm warmers on all these tri people?

Running gives you far less cooling than cycling due to the slower speeds and while running you also move your arms a lot, so perhaps they want sleeveless for running (cooler and not restrictive for the arms). Then they add arm warmers on the bike to stay warm.

The order is also significant, since the ride comes after the swim, people get on the bike wet, which produces extra cooling.

Aapjes said:
Running gives you far less cooling than cycling due to the slower speeds and while running you also move your arms a lot, so perhaps they want sleeveless for running (cooler and not restrictive for the arms). Then they add arm warmers on the bike to stay warm.

The order is also significant, since the ride comes after the swim, people get on the bike wet, which produces extra cooling.

Nice theory, but no, they do it because they think it looks good.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Aapjes said:

I'm not talking about a race. The everyday training

But good answer. Still lame as f#(# but reasonable explanation

Lolzezes-aroony. . Yeah nah.
someone else :-) said:
I tip my hat to triathletes......for the lulz they provide by riding into cars because they don't watch where they are going, not being able to perform even basic repairs, getting hypothermia by dressing inappropriately for conditions, and sliding down the road on their backs protected only by a helmet and a pair of sluggos. Tritardeletes are slapstick comedy geniuses

Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Archibald said:
King Boonen said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Litespeed-Tachyon-Titanium-Bike-/171698975973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fa0e74e5

It's just so aero! :D
as the wheels say; "American Classic"
I can't stop looking at it!

The dude must think it's going to sell for a huge amount based on the page views :D
The amount of views is for how ridiculus the bike looks. Im surprised Tony Martin and co havent got into bikes like that yet. :D

TRENDING THREADS