• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Since When Do You Like Contador?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Since When Do you Like Contador?

• eneco tour '12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
jens_attacks said:
always fan of the old guard including 2009 and tour 2010 i was cheering for lance not alberto

i always found him though a great champion but the tour 2011,stage to alpe...then he just got another fanboy.that and getting scrrewed by the uci of course.

I thought you were gonna say "since he was harassed in that operacion in 06 by Guardia Civil " :p

I don't particularly like him, I don't hate him either but i have a problem with him being called "the king" :).

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
First I was going to vote "I don't like him", to be consistent with my image on this forum and all, but then luckily I saw the option "While watching the Tour 2012" and I had to choose that. I did miss him there and realized that, while I don't feel strongly about Contador either way, bike racing can be dull without him.

Other than that my favourite Contador moment was in Paris-Nice 2008 or 2009 (I forgot which one), when he faced relentless attacking and finally cracked under the pressure and almost had to push his bike to the finish from exhaustion. It wasn't that I enjoyed watching him lose, it's that I enjoyed seeing that he does indeed have a human side. The next day he was back to his invincible self :eek:

Christian said:
First I was going to vote "I don't like him", to be consistent with my image on this forum and all, but then luckily I saw the option "While watching the Tour 2012" and I had to choose that. I did miss him there and realized that, while I don't feel strongly about Contador either way, bike racing can be dull without him.

Other than that my favourite Contador moment was in Paris-Nice 2008 or 2009 (I forgot which one), when he faced relentless attacking and finally cracked under the pressure and almost had to push his bike to the finish from exhaustion. It wasn't that I enjoyed watching him lose, it's that I enjoyed seeing that he does indeed have a human side. The next day he was back to his invincible self :eek:

Ach, Christian. We all know it was the bonk that got to Bertie that day. It happens, remember Andy in TDF 2008 bonking and then owning the Alpe a few days later;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Excellent counter!:)

Counter to what? I wasn't trying to provoke anyone or slander Contador. I'm not even really sure I understand the supposed counter :confused:

You got me ... other riders have good and bad days too? I guess?

Didn't like Contador much during the '07 tour with Rasmussen. I was a huge Rabo fanboy back then and Rasmussen was finally going to win the TdF for rabo and then this Contador guy came along and matches him in the mountains. We all know the end of that duel.
During '09 i started warming up to Contador with the whole Armstrong drama but still was a bit ambivalent. Really started liking him during the '11 Giro and '11 Tour where he showed he had a lions heart and a passion for the sport. This is what i missed sorely during this season. eventually voted '11 Tour because that is where the turnaround really happened.

Christian said:
Counter to what? I wasn't trying to provoke anyone or slander Contador. I'm not even really sure I understand the supposed counter :confused:

You got me ... other riders have good and bad days too? I guess?

My statement was made in jest, thus the :). We all know all riders have good and bad days (well unless you ride for Team Sky;) ).

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Hitch is gonna get a lot of booty from LaFlo.

This poll needs a 'meh' option for people who admire his talent, his style of racing, and the way he gave LA and JB the finger in '09, but at the same time dislike the clinical aspects of his racing, the squeaky voice, and the bang-bang finger thing.

One thing for sure though, when the guy stands up on his pedals, you stop and watch.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Hitch is gonna get a lot of booty from LaFlo.

This poll needs a 'meh' option for people who admire his talent, his style of racing, and the way he gave LA and JB the finger in '09, but at the same time dislike the clinical aspects of his racing, the squeaky voice, and the bang-bang finger thing.

One thing for sure though, when the guy stands up on his pedals, you stop and watch.

QFT..

10chars