• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Skoda-Tour de Luxembourg 2014 (2.HC), 04.06 - 08.06

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage 2 starts 12:30 local.

thumb_uc_202670_506_Hoehenprofil_Skoda-Tour_de_Luxembourg_2014_-_Etappe_2.jpg

This can be raced, but it can also be controlled to death ending in a little sprint uphill at the end.

I hope Cofidis comes out in full force and blows things apart.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Nice to see that Greipel is coming around from his unfortunate injury. Hopefully he's at full strength for the three-man showdown at the Tour.

VeloHuman said:
Nice to see that Greipel is coming around from his unfortunate injury. Hopefully he's at full strength for the three-man showdown at the Tour.

Indeed. And his win yesterday pulls him even with Alexander Kristoff at nine wins on the year, ahead of the Cavendish and Bouhanni (eight each), Demare (seven), and Kittel (six). Sagan has five. Of course, race and field quality must be taken into account.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
VeloHuman said:

On the ticker they said that Greipel was seen training even 45 minutes after the end of the stage, still riding around the area. They included a picture as well

Hmmm. The ticker writer seems to think that Jempy Drucker should move into yellow now, but I didn't see any indication of where Danny van Poppel was in the bunch. I suppose Drucker might have picked up some bonus seconds for his second place, but he was eight back at the start.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Man, Jempy... he really needs to get that first win sometime soon, it's getting ridiculous how many 2nd spots he has gotten! Congrats to Breschel, he won the final stage back in 2009 IIRC, another one of those riders who weren't really able to confirm the expectations, so it's always nice to see them get a win.

Drucker might be leader as he picked up intermediate bonus seconds too

Wallenquist said:
RusVelo and Stolting guy, who were they ? Maikin and Herkoltz ?

The Stolting guy is Herklotz, yes. Results are slow coming in for this. I've seen some places reporting Jempy Drucker came in third, not second, but second place seems to be a mystery so far. If it's a RusVelo rider I hope it's Solomennikov, my totally random pick of rider to root for in this race.

Hey, maybe there was a RusVelo rider up there after all. There are .pdfs on the race's website with today's results and the new GC.

Today: Breschel (Tinkoff - Saxo), Sergey Lagutin (RusVelo), Jempy Drucker (Wanty Group), Silvio Herklotz (Stolti), Romain Hardy (Cofidis), and then, it says here, Morkov in sixth, all on the same time. Morkov apparently picked up a 3 second bonus somewhere on course, too. After those six, there's a four second gap.

GC top five: Drucker, Morkov +5, Herklotz +14, Breschel +14, Lemoine +17.

TRENDING THREADS