• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Skoda-Tour de Luxembourg 2014 (2.HC), 04.06 - 08.06

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Andy finished 45th on the day, in a group that came in 4:45 down. To his credit, he didn't climb off like almost forty other riders did (including Prologue winner Danny van Poppel). 50th on GC, almost fifteen minutes down on Breschel. Frank did fairly well, though.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Big respect to Greipel! I sometimes get the impressions that certain sprinters, when they think they don't have a chance of winning, don't even bother. Especially in little sh*t races that no one cares about, like this one. Greipel proved me wrong! To get in the break, and to power on to then end like that, that proves real gut and racing mentality! Must have been great for him to win solo, and especially since this is a nice finish with big crowds. Before I didn't care about Greipel, now he won a lot of respect from my part. Congrats!

Christian said:
Big respect to Greipel! I sometimes get the impressions that certain sprinters, when they think they don't have a chance of winning, don't even bother. Especially in little sh*t races that no one cares about, like this one. Greipel proved me wrong! To get in the break, and to power on to then end like that, that proves real gut and racing mentality! Must have been great for him to win solo, and especially since this is a nice finish with big crowds. Before I didn't care about Greipel, now he won a lot of respect from my part. Congrats!

All respect to Greipel, yes, but I personally don't think of this race as one not to care about. It's rated as high as a race can be that's not part of the World Tour, and ours would be a poor year-round sport indeed if only those couple of dozen races were considered worthy of our respect, I think.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
christopherrowe said:
All respect to Greipel, yes, but I personally don't think of this race as one not to care about. It's rated as high as a race can be that's not part of the World Tour, and ours would be a poor year-round sport indeed if only those couple of dozen races were considered worthy of our respect, I think.

Yes, I was saying that more ironically ;)