• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky showing what an epic truckload of failure they are

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Astana1 said:
Okay. Sub fanboy for, irrational, delusional, unrealistic, unreasonably optimistic. You pick.

By the way, I'd say the same thing to the Levi fanboys too.

Media in patriotic coverage of sport shock! Perhaps selling more papers/generating interest comes into it somewhere.

I wouldn't take on the Leipheimer fans if I was you. They have a ferocious reputation.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Duartista said:
Media in patriotic coverage of sport shock! Perhaps selling more papers/generating interest comes into it somewhere.

I wouldn't taken on the Leipheimer fans if I was you. They have a ferocious reputation.

It's not just cycling. I remember when Lewis Hamilton emerged, the Brit press wasted no time in pronouncing him as better than Senna! I remember thinking that that they made Ohio State football fans seem almost rational. Almost.

And of course. The Radio Shack fanboys/Armstrong genuflectors can't be beet.

And that's not a typo.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Duartista said:
Ryo - by making threads like this you are only turning people off Colombian riders.
I don't think anyone here is shallow enough to dismiss Colombian riders just because the OP is a complete tool.

Duartista said:
I wouldn't take on the Leipheimer fans if I was you. They have a ferocious reputation.
What do they do, follow you all the way home then bite your ankles?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
More importantly: a guy who has never done crap in a GT, who (possibly, maybe) had to wait for a guy who finished 4th in one.

But hey, he's Colombian, therefore all rules of logic don't apply, in Ryo-world.

uran has shown more acts of class in his young years than wiggins in that one tour where everybody softpedaled.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Some facts

The crash happened towards the front of the peloton albiet towards the side

Uran and Knees were behind wiggins when the crash happened, Boasson Hagen nearby.

Thomas was in front of Wiggins when the crash happened.

Uran, Knees and Boasson Hagen waited with Wiggins to see if he was ok.

Thomas stopped and went back, along with Flecha and Zandio who were near by anyway, and Swift who was a bit further back to try and help Uran, and Boasson Hagen get back to the front group.

All this Uran waited etc, yes he did but he was one of three riders with Brad. The rest of the team actually tried to help Uran back towards the front.

Try putting the facts together before you create pointless threads.

that's exactly what I wrote. uran waited for wiggins despite not crashing. after that sky tried to get back with zandio and knees riding wel thomas and ebh did nothing. sky thinks they will do anything for gc?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
luckyboy said:
I think it might've been a good idea for Uran to quickly go ahead and get beck to the front group. Then if Wiggins was ok he could've dropped back to help.

Guess it was probably tough for anyone to think of a strategy when all that was happening though.

exactly, like vino did

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
I would have thought that Ryo wouldn't have been angry, but welcomed this as an opportunity.

So he lost 3 minutes. He wasn't going to podium anyway. Now he gets to ride his own race - with support. Let's see what he can do. The KOM title hasn't even started yet - how about that?

uran doesn;'t care for kom. the kom will most likely be won by whoever is the best climber this tour anyway. I think contador

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Chuffy said:
I don't think anyone here is shallow enough to dismiss Colombian riders just because the OP is a complete tool.

What do they do, follow you all the way home then bite your ankles?

No they just sort of run behind you, in your slipstream until you get bored and turn around. At that point they declare victory.

A

Anonymous

Ryo Hazuki said:
that's exactly what I wrote. uran waited for wiggins despite not crashing. after that sky tried to get back with zandio and knees riding wel thomas and ebh did nothing. sky thinks they will do anything for gc?

the point being, by that point uran was already held up by the rest of the peloton, and his team leader was on the floor. Had he tried on his own to get back he probably still would have ended up in the second group.

Originally it was Knees, Boasson Hagen and Uran riding together. The rest dropped back to help them..

You get it? Geraint Thomas dropped back to help your precious little boy rigo. Shoulda bloody left him there :D

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
uran doesn;'t care for kom. the kom will most likely be won by whoever is the best climber this tour anyway. I think contador

I haven't spoken to him in the last few hours. Obviously you have. So you'll be right up to date on Team Sky tactics.

(Or maybe you haven't spoken to him and wish to restrict his ambitions, so he won't let you down)

media_l_4274390.jpg

Fell right on the middle of the road, always better to fall in the grass, but unfortunately Wiggins was unlucky

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
no doubt a fail of epic proportions. deer in headlights again Brainsford? :eek:

uh yea it wasnt in the manual but I'm sure you'll add it next year

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
media_l_4274390.jpg

Fell right on the middle of the road, always better to fall in the grass, but unfortunately Wiggins was unlucky

If they were any sort of team he would have been allowed to fall in the grass. Its the reason Sky is a failure.;)

TRENDING THREADS