So how many TDF stages will Cav have collected when he is done?

May 13, 2009
407
0
9,280
As long as they can keep that Columbia train intact, and as young as he is, he might just end up there with the greats in the high 20's.

Eddy Merckx ( Belgium) - 34
Bernard Hinault ( France) - 28
André Leducq ( France) - 25 (including half-stages)
Nicolas Frantz ( Luxembourg) - 25
Lance Armstrong ( United States) - 22
André Darrigade ( France) - 22
 
Apr 3, 2009
421
0
0
What's the most stages a pure sprinter has ever won? I know Zabel, McEwen and Cipollini all have 12, but there must be others with more?


EDIT: Just found out that Freddy Maertens took 16 stages back in the day. Cav will be there in no time...
 
Jasper said:
What's the most stages a pure sprinter has ever won? I know Zabel, McEwen and Cipollini all have 12, but there must be others with more?


EDIT: Just found out that Freddy Maertens took 16 stages back in the day. Cav will be there in no time...
Freddy Maertens didn't win all his stages sprinting he also won a number of time trials and prologues.

ruamruam
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
0
0
Jasper said:
What's the most stages a pure sprinter has ever won? I know Zabel, McEwen and Cipollini all have 12, but there must be others with more?


EDIT: Just found out that Freddy Maertens took 16 stages back in the day. Cav will be there in no time...
Cav might break 16 but I don't think he will win much more than 20 stages. He seems invincible now, but so did Zabel and Cippolini in their prime. Cippo might have won more if he wasn't excluded from the race a couple of times......
 
May 13, 2009
407
0
9,280
Cobber said:
Cav might break 16 but I don't think he will win much more than 20 stages. He seems invincible now, but so did Zabel and Cippolini in their prime. Cippo might have won more if he wasn't excluded from the race a couple of times......
I agree but the kid is so young and would not generally be considered quite in his prime
 
Jul 3, 2009
62
0
0
robow7 said:
I agree but the kid is so young and would not generally be considered quite in his prime
Right. And we have to consider all the mountain stages he's going to win when he goes Jaja on us. (For the noobies, Jaja is Laurent Jalabert who won the green jersey twice and then went on to win the polka dot jersey twice.)
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
0
0
Coach Hawk said:
Right. And we have to consider all the mountain stages he's going to win when he goes Jaja on us. (For the noobies, Jaja is Laurent Jalabert who won the green jersey twice and then went on to win the polka dot jersey twice.)
Not sure I'd classify Jaja as a pure sprinter..... he won Paris-Nice a bunch of times.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY