• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

so ullrich knows?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
we all know jan and kloeden are very good friends. ullrich lost at least 3 tours in favour of armstrong. kloeden and armstrong rode together for two years, so he must have seen something. do you think now jan has the confirmation that lance is a doper?
i would really want to see the very first discussion between andreas and jan after andreas saw what landis saw.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
nice irony...anyway, a while ago i read about some stenograms of phone discussions between ullrich and pevenage, and the belgian was wondering what armstrong is using. so it;s clear he knew lance was doped, but didn't knew how.

McLovin said:
nice irony...anyway, a while ago i read about some stenograms of phone discussions between ullrich and pevenage, and the belgian was wondering what armstrong is using. so it;s clear he knew lance was doped, but didn't knew how.

The bit Pevenage was missing was the payoff. Lance could take more risks as if he ever tested P it would go away. Ullrich was way too nice to bribe sports officials.

Jan should take it as a compliment that Armstrong would go to such lengths.

A

Anonymous

WonderLance said:
You ask silly questions. Ullrich lost because he hates excellence and loves pies.

Which makes him smarter than all of the rest. He rode well, but was not willing to give up a good pie for riding excellent. I have a lot of respect for a man that dedicated to pie.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Pie is soooo good. Strudel, too. Schnitzel, hell yes.

As history further distills the Pharmstrong/Ullrich years of battle, one seems inclined to pity the German more, though Rudy was trying to perfect his "preparation" to match Lance's.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
McLovin said:
do you think now jan has the confirmation that lance is a doper?
Confirmation? No. I don't imagine Lance invited Jan into the hotel rooms to check out their program. Unless Jan stopped to help USPS when their bus broke down it is unlikely he has any first hand knowledge.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Jan, Last week in Dubai. He is in the Red Ghost jersey, 3rd from the left

202319882.jpg

TRENDING THREADS