• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So what is Chris Horner's schedule?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I thought his schedule looked something like:
5:30AM Wake up
6:30AM Breakfast
8:00AM Aquarobics
9:00AM Cards in the sunroom
11:00AM Lunch
1:00PM Bingo
4:00PM Talk to the other residents about his grandchildren
4:30PM Early Bird Special
7:00PM Wheel of Fortune
8:00PM Yell about how TV was better in black and white
9:00PM Go to bed.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
just some guy said:
5 million a year makes him one of the highest paid riders on the tour.

Contador 3.5 million from the team and 2 million from sponsors I just do not see the 5 million for Horner.

Pretty sure GODUCKS meant 5 million USD. (Seeing as he said he's from Oregon.)
= 3.6 million euros.

It's still very much even if some of it is Nissan.

The_Z_man said:
Lunch = Big Mac & fries, right? :rolleyes:

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
The_Z_man said:

you forgot 4:15 trip to post box to see if kids wrote

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sophistic said:
He probably got 3.6 for 2 years and even that is quite high for a 40 year old who has never been on a GT podium.

There are a lot talented riders that never really get a shot as a GT rider. Horner's career record is one that shows consistent winning performances. His "best" years wasted to some degree coming back to race in US where he only dominated the schedule. Overlooked is more like it. He was always an outsider, even in the US program. I guess he doesn't look the part. I think any hopes of being a GC contender in a grand tour might be over unless he wants to try the Vuelta, but at least he has a schedule as where most of us sit here blowing hot air all day.:p

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Boiled chicken, strained carrots, whipped potatoes, and Jello, with an Ensure chaser.

You forgot that he actually gets paid to race a bike. Has for a long time while you and a small minority put in your best efforts writing dribble on this forum. :D

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
You forgot that he actually gets paid to race a bike. Has for a long time while you and a small minority put in your best efforts writing dribble on this forum. :D

Okay Ive trained with Horner I can count on at least two hands. I had Semi_pro ametuer status in Italy before. now a consistent top-30 finisher OR masters circuit. So I know whats up. Horner eats iron salts with three strict meals per day and a carrot juice smoothie four times per week. not a bad guy just getting a little old in the limbs if you ask me. he"s no doubt a farrari trying to change gears in a super market aisle.

BillytheKid said:

And you take great interest in reading said dribble and responding in kind...

As a So Cal guy, I actually know Chris and have (shock!) actually been in some of the same races (Redlands, San Dimas, etc) back in the day. Pretty sure he won't mind me taking a good-natured swipe at his age.

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Boeing said:
No Paris-Nice and not on the start list for Tirreno-Adriatico?

What does this say about Shack's plans for him?

Interesting.

Since the Schlecks are not very competitive in the smaller tours, i think he will try to win a Tirreno Adriatico or a similar race, but I doubt it, if he has to race against Evans or Contador. Maybe he will go for the Giro di Sardegna and something along the lines of Marcia :confused:

TRENDING THREADS