• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So what is Chris Horner's schedule?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:
well andy schleck is on the toc so i can't see why horner couldn't be in good shape for the tdf too. Actually he *needs* to be there to verify his latest statement on cn : "at the same time it is easy to see that my form has been with the best of the best in the world and with the exception of alberto contador, i don't think there is anyone that can drop me.""

hahahahahah.

Ferminal said:
He should be at the Giro :(

No doubt those climbs would be good for him.

With tour of california only really a 5 day race with, it might set up just right for TdF if shack gives him his shot. I think he could have a shot at top 5 if he doesn't have to ride for someone else, plus the hilly tour should be good for him.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:
It's too bad he won't have Mat Busche to help him on the TDF though, wonder what's up with that. Maybe he was a bit burnt up, he didn't do very well on the Criterium du Dauphiné...well it looks like he is exhausted : http://matthewbusche.blogspot.com/

You have to have at least one Giro or Vuelta under your belt, if you want to make it to the Shack's TDF roster. That's one of Bruyneel's "rules," if I'm not mistaken.

If Busche doesn't ride the Vuelta this year then there's little to no chance of him competing in next year's TDF, either.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
“Did I make the merger?”....

sounds way too much like "did I finish"?

CN sub line title today "Confusion after merger" nice word choice people

respect

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
GODUCKS said:
I just think he gets paid too much. I am from Oregon and I know how much he makes, 5million a year is way too much for an old man.

5 million a year makes him one of the highest paid riders on the tour.

Contador 3.5 million from the team and 2 million from sponsors I just do not see the 5 million for Horner.

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
just some guy said:
5 million a year makes him one of the highest paid riders on the tour.

Contador 3.5 million from the team and 2 million from sponsors I just do not see the 5 million for Horner.

He is good friend with Nissan so they give him extra. No Horner = no Nissan.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
GODUCKS said:
I just think he gets paid too much. I am from Oregon and I know how much he makes, 5million a year is way too much for an old man.

All pro cyclists should get at least this much. Compared to what football (soccer) players earn for the work they put in, it's an insult.

TRENDING THREADS