• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So when will GVA get his Clasica San Sebastian title?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should Froome's time have been neutralized today?

• Yes

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

roundabout said:
T-Nielsen said:
RedheadDane said:
Question: Who organises CSS?
If it isn't ASO, then why should they be responsible for what happened at that race?

Its the same rules.

Shouldn't the thread title then be when will GVA get his San Sebastian second place?

It's not unheard of for one-day races to have two winners. Paris-Roubaix is an example.

What happened happened, in both cases the people involved accepted the final decision of the race jury. Makes sense for me that we should do the same.
Besides; who's to know that if GVA had been awarded the CSS win, then Yates wouldn't have accepted that? Or that if Yates had been awarded yellow then Froome wouldn't have accepted that?

You seem to focus on GVA's initial reaction after the race, thinking that the later claims about accepting Yate's win was just because he didn't want to get enemies. I, on the other hand, is more inclined to believe what he said after he'd had time to think, rather than his initial angry - with good reason - kneejerk reaction. I have a faint memory of thinking "What a tool!" when GVA first began his "I could've won!" whining, but now - after (re)reading that artice I initially posted here - I can only admire what a champion GVA is; graciously accepting defeat.

Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
roundabout said:
T-Nielsen said:
RedheadDane said:
Question: Who organises CSS?
If it isn't ASO, then why should they be responsible for what happened at that race?

Its the same rules.

Shouldn't the thread title then be when will GVA get his San Sebastian second place?

It's not unheard of for one-day races to have two winners. Paris-Roubaix is an example.
This implies it has happened several times. So lets have a list please.

TRENDING THREADS