• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So who here posts on the Radio Shack forums?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Just had a look at the Team Radio Shack fan site, which looks it will be what the Paceline was for Discovery Channel, so I was wondering, who on here posts, or has posted on there? I see Oldman and lucybears names. Looks like the place to be get your fanboy/girl socks off!

craig1985 said:
Just had a look at the Team Radio Shack fan site, which looks it will be what the Paceline was for Discovery Channel, so I was wondering, who on here posts, or has posted on there? I see Oldman and lucybears names. Looks like the place to be get your fanboy/girl socks off!

That is awesome. I clicked on that and recalled that Leipheimer said that if he was stronger Lance might let him be the leader for the Tour. Really funny stuff.

A

Anonymous

I was a Paceline member, but I won't be visiting the RS site. And I've got a New Year's resolution not to use the f..b.. term this year - I'm grouping them into minions or zealots on a case by case basis.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Every time La..., err..., Volde..., uhh..., "he who must not be named" is mentioned in the cycingnews forum, god kills a kitten.

Spare this kitty's life. Please.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
I registered. Might make some posts.

I think I'm pretty objective, and fact based when it comes to his past, but we'll see how well they like me over there. I may get banned. Seems like a lot of kool-aid drinkers for the most part.

God only help Brodeal, Race Radio, and TFF :p

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
I registered. Might make some posts.

I think I'm pretty objective, and fact based when it comes to his past, but we'll see how well they like me over there. I may get banned. Seems like a lot of kool-aid drinkers for the most part.

Kool-Aid is more refreshing than Hater-Aid:)
Healthier too!

The ShackSite is a bizzaro world compared to The Clinic.
Shack Attack Smack will not be considered "trolling"...

craig1985 said:
God only help Brodeal, Race Radio, and TFF :p

Hey, I posted to the Paceline a few times. I cannot remember my username. It might have been Dont Tase Me Bro or something like that. That place was freakin' hilarious. I felt like Copernicus at a convention of flat earthers.

Word of warning to those registering, something told to me by a little bird. Don't use the same password that you use for other accounts. A certain cyclist with a huge ego was known to use passwords from the Paceline site to access members e-mail accounts that had the same password. No joke.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
the guy who runs that site put up some spam here a few months back. He of course promised that he would not censor the site if you remained civil.....I have not checked it for a while but after a few months he went though and cleaedn up and banned anyone that questioned the myth

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I was registered for a while. Then got PM'D for posting in Russian to a Ukranian guy about popovych. So I quit.
Met some nice people there. Several of them in various stages of cancer therapy. Lance gives them hope not because of cycling or his charity. It is because he his a survivor.
Please let them have keep their illusions. For some it is all they have.
krabcakes33

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:

Why bother? I spent a few minutes reading posts there and the quality is so low they're not worth reading at all.

Despite some flame fests here, the quality of the postings is usually quite high.

There simply isn't any cycling forum I've found that comes close to the CN forums. The RS one isn't even worth the bother. Though it is fun to troll isn't it?

richwagmn said:
Why bother? I spent a few minutes reading posts there and the quality is so low they're not worth reading at all.

Despite some flame fests here, the quality of the postings is usually quite high.

There simply isn't any cycling forum I've found that comes close to the CN forums. The RS one isn't even worth the bother. Though it is fun to troll isn't it?

I agree.

I went on and made a few quick posts, but it really is just a fan site and a bit off the edge.

On another note, I was checking out RBR forums and perhaps it is just me, but man I find that site to be a pain to navigate!

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Don't bother with RBR doping forums

Many of the regulars over here left that site after if became obvious that the mods were in denial about his majesty and his use of PED's. It's not quite the level of denial found on a fan site but just a refusal to address the most damming evidence (ie What work w/ Ferrari, Ashenden article etc..)

That said the RBR repair boards and hot deals boards are great. The Campy board is also quite good und useful if you run Campy.

Slayer

BANNED
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:
Many of the regulars over here left that site after if became obvious that the mods were in denial about his majesty and his use of PED's.

Yeah, I heard that. People like RaceRadio and TFF got kicked off there for trolling. It seems this is the only site a lot of you guys are allowed on.

It shows you how trolling and disruption is all in the eye of the beholder.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
I was a Paceline member, but I won't be visiting the RS site. And I've got a New Year's resolution not to use the f..b.. term this year - I'm grouping them into minions or zealots on a case by case basis.

I think that minions and zealots are for more appropriate terms, although minion has that mind control feel to it, whereas, zealot seems a lot more egoistic.

Polish said:
Kool-Aid is more refreshing than Hater-Aid:)
Healthier too!

Do you really consider me a "hater"?

I notice there are a spattering of non-RS fans on that RS site already. Will be interesting to see what stays up.

Thanks for the tip BroDeal on passwords.

I can't go to RBR. Too much denial. CF is just too much garbage to me, haven't posted there in probably two years. Used to post some on SaxoBank. Handful of posts on CEM. Posted a lot on Bicycling, but it's very insular. You're either part of the club or not. My posting here is probably 20x of there. Some posts on other places. But for some reason I gravitated to this place. Just a great concentration of people. Though of late it's gotten pretty messy.

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Im mostly a lurker and don't post much, but I read this forum and the Pro Racing forum on here lots. Tons of good information available and many very informative threads when the resident disruptors are absent.

A

Anonymous

Wtf!!

RS HATER V FANBOY THREAD

Okay, so I clicked the link provided by the OP, went to the forums, and found myself investigating the fanboy vs hater thread in the RS forums.

4th post in, there is a post from some "MountainGoat" guy...

Let it be known that this IS NOT ME!!!!

BTW, its a very lame post, whoever this imposter is.

Interestingly, this "MountainGoat" signed up three months back. So, who did I **** off here so much that they decided to pretend to be me in RS forums?

I'm not annoyed. It's actually kinda funny, so if somehere here did make an MG profile, i'd love to know who :D

NOTE: MountainGoat in the RadioShack forums IS NOT ME!!!

Cheers!

ps - i only post in the CN forums, due to the integrity of the (or, most of the) posts and (most of the) posters, so if my screen name did pop up on some other forum, its not me.

pps - i suspect its just a coincidence. Mountain Goat is a pretty common term in cycling

Mountain Goat said:
RS HATER V FANBOY THREAD

Okay, so I clicked the link provided by the OP, went to the forums, and found myself investigating the fanboy vs hater thread in the RS forums.

4th post in, there is a post from some "MountainGoat" guy...

Let it be known that this IS NOT ME!!!!

BTW, its a very lame post, whoever this imposter is.

Interestingly, this "MountainGoat" signed up three months back. So, who did I **** off here so much that they decided to pretend to be me in RS forums?

I'm not annoyed. It's actually kinda funny, so if somehere here did make an MG profile, i'd love to know who :D

NOTE: MountainGoat in the RadioShack forums IS NOT ME!!!

Cheers!

ps - i only post in the CN forums, due to the integrity of the (or, most of the) posts and (most of the) posters, so if my screen name did pop up on some other forum, its not me.

pps - i suspect its just a coincidence. Mountain Goat is a pretty common term in cycling

Thanks for clearing that up, I think when I first read that thread I did think it was you and remember thinking "wtf is he smoking now".

Good job.

Ferminal said:
Thanks for clearing that up, I think when I first read that thread I did think it was you and remember thinking "wtf is he smoking now".

Good job.
Now we need Alpe D’Huez to exonerate his name also. It looks like all members in this forum have a clone in other forums.:D

Hopefully I picked a good user name or extinction specie.:D

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't mean to be a jerk but what did you expect? It is like a Liverpool forum worshiping Steven Gerrard or a Colts forum worshiping Peyton Manning. They came together to support their guy and that is that.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
man, I hope Vadar comes back, and starts posting on the Shack forums. That was hilarious.

Drinking yak's milk on the Kazakh steppe and toying with fanboiz and fangalz. Starting new Let Levi Ride campaigns.

TRENDING THREADS