• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Soigneur

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Probably posting this in the wrong place (as usual), if so apologies. Does anyone know how to go about being a Soigneur? I am a Professional Massage Therapist, with distinctions :) based in London. I already do volunteer at races, will be working the closing stage at Tour of Britain. If anyone has real details on how I go about this I would be really appreciative. :):)

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
maybe should have posted in here

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

but i imagine you need to contact a team and offer your services...

I believe Soigneurs do more than massage riders legs and sore muscles. But i guess someone will have more info.

Thanks. Yes I am aware what a Soigneur does, had to explain that I was a therapist though as this is one area of Soigneur that you would have to be qualified in. :). If anyone has any more info that would be great, as it is not so easy to contact teams as most of their pages are based on news and fan sites with no contact details.

Also if any mods want to move this to the correct place?

Thanks again Benotti69

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Darrylc said:
Thanks. Yes I am aware what a Soigneur does, had to explain that I was a therapist though as this is one area of Soigneur that you would have to be qualified in. :). If anyone has any more info that would be great, as it is not so easy to contact teams as most of their pages are based on news and fan sites with no contact details.

Also if any mods want to move this to the correct place?

Thanks again Benotti69

Get along to some of the earlier stages of the Tour of Britain and speak to some of the soigneurs. There will be continental teams partaking and i imagine a sky team? Garmin Cervelo are going to be there. UnitedHealthcare too.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
some of the duties include car washing, cooking, cleaning,fixing bikes, DRIVING,over sized vehicles all night long,laundry,gardening, yacht washing, picking up totally unrelated people from the airport ,babysitting,petcare..waiting for the cable guy,car repair,bus driver

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Start by volunteering for a top amateur team.

If you learn French, Spanish or Italian and get your Class C drivers license this will make you more valuable.

fatandfast said:
some of the duties include car washing, cooking, cleaning,fixing bikes, DRIVING,over sized vehicles all night long,laundry,gardening, yacht washing, picking up totally unrelated people from the airport ,babysitting,petcare..waiting for the cable guy,car repair,bus driver

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! The table time is but one tiny portion of the job. If the goal is to just be a part of the operation, then you'll have to start at the bottom.

You will have to work for a non-pro team for nothing for a good long time until the people you work with (ever) get the money for a bigger program AND value your services enough to pay you.
Don't quit your day job. If the stars align, then great. If not, then you aren't scrambling to make rent. When it comes to getting paid in cycling, always, always keep your day job options open.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Darrylc said:
Probably posting this in the wrong place (as usual), if so apologies. Does anyone know how to go about being a Soigneur? I am a Professional Massage Therapist, with distinctions :) based in London. I already do volunteer at races, will be working the closing stage at Tour of Britain. If anyone has real details on how I go about this I would be really appreciative. :):)

I thought soigneur was French for "slave." If you are already a PMT with distinctions, soigneur is about 8 steps down the career ladder, isn't it? If you really just want the opportunity to work with/treat cyclists, there has to be a better way than washing their spandex. Not trying to trounce your dream career, just perplexed...

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
skippythepinhead said:
I thought soigneur was French for "slave." If you are already a PMT with distinctions, soigneur is about 8 steps down the career ladder, isn't it? If you really just want the opportunity to work with/treat cyclists, there has to be a better way than washing their spandex. Not trying to trounce your dream career, just perplexed...

I guess you are right.

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Everyone here knows why this is in the clinic... you can't discuss a soigneur's primary job duties in any of the other portion of the forum. Soigneur is Rihs speak for drug runner!

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Darrylc said:

I hear there is an openings at Lotto and another at BMC. The ideal candidate for either position will have experience with import/export laws and regulations.

TRENDING THREADS