• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

South American race thread

Page 92 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

tristecsinamigos said:
gospina said:
the mechanical was a flat tire. That screwed him. Team decided to go for his teammate for GC and not to push TT. I wonder if Bernal will be at Colombia's nationals TT

I think he'll be riding in Italy.

http://revistamundociclistico.com/ruta/22527-lo-que-hago-lo-hago-por-mi-pais-me-siento-orgulloso-de-ser-colombiano-egan-bernal.html?utm_content=buffer52d7d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

“El próximo martes me estaré desplazando a Europa para correr El Trofeo Laigueglia el 12 de este mes, luego estaré el 22 en el Tour de Langkawi, y lo más posible es que vaya a la Tirreno Adriático del 8 al 14 de marzo. Luego aún no sé si correré la Coppi e Bartali del 23 al 26 de marzo o el Giro del Trentino del 17 al 21 der abril”.

So Trofeo Laigueglia, Tour of Langkawi, Tirreno and probalby Coppi e Bartali/Trentino (tour des Alpes), so no nationals

Saturday 4th of February we had the 22-kilometer time-trail between Paipa and El Barne, as warm up to the regional TTs this coming weekend! Rodrigo Contreras took the elite honors in what seems like a super crucial year for him!

DSHFHJFDSHJDSFJDSFHDSF.JPG

Élite
1) Rodrigo Contreras, Coldeportes: 26':25".
2) Pedro Herrera, Club Deportivo Boyacá: 26':42".
3) Luis Alfredo Martinez, Club De Ciclismo Lanceros Paipa: 27':04".
4) Javier Gomez Pineda, Boyacá es Para Vivirla: 27':12".
5) Edward Diaz, EPM UNE: 27':17".

However, the most impressive ride of the day came in the U23s were Robinson López clocked 26':11" a time fast enough to have won the elite event!

robin4848.jpg

Gaviria will ride the national road race: "Yesterday I made a bet with Davide Bramati, who promised that if I win a stage here, then I get green light to line up at the National Championships on February 26th. I'm delighted to have won this bet and get the ticket for Colombia. It would be a huge pride to wear this beautiful jersey at least once in my career and I hope it will happen this year", a smiling Gaviria concluded after his maiden victory in Portugal.

Re:

Squire said:
Is it really impossible for the Gav? The climbs are really, really short. He could definitely be a beast up quite a few of those, Degenkolb style, but maybe replicating it throughout the whole race is a bit too much.

A 240 kilometer race without team mates and a total climbing of around 5.000 meters? This will be a real tough one. It is up and down all day long.

152 riders for the elite race.

http://www.revistamundociclistico.com/ruta/22642-campeonato-nacional-de-ruta-bogota-lista-para-el-gran-espectaculo-.html

LISTADO PROVISIONAL DE INSCRITOS CATEGORIA HOMBRES ELITE

1 1 EDWIN AVILA ELITE TEAM ILLUMINATEX

2 2 JHOAN ESTEBAN CHAVES ELITE ORICA-SCOTT

3 3 SERGIO LUIS HENAO ELITE TEAM SKY

4 4 SEBASTIAN HENAO ELITE TEAM SKY

5 5 MIGUEL EDUARDO FLOREZ ELITE WILLIER-TRIESTINA

6 6 FERNANDO GAVIRIA ELITE QUICK STEP

7 7 ANDRES MIGUEL DIAZ ELITE CYLANCE PRO CYCLING

8 8 ANDRES CAMILO MENDOZA ELITE TEAM VIVO GRUPO ORESY

9 9 JAIME VERGARA ELITE NICE CYCLING TEAM

10 10 VLADIMIR LOPEZ ELITE NINGXIA SPORTS

11 11 CARLOS ALZATE ELITE UHS-UNITED HEALTHCARE

12 12 JARLINSON PANTANO ELITE TREK-SEGAFREDO

13 13 DANIEL FELIPE MARTINEZ ELITE WILLIER -SELLE ITALIA- CUNDINAMARCA

14 14 OMAR ALBERTO MENDOZA ELITE EQUIPO BOLIVIA

15 15 DAYER QUINTANA ELITE MOVISTAR TEAM

16 16 RODOLFO TORRES ELITE ANDRONI SIDERMEC

17 17 JANIER ALEXIS ACEVEDO ELITE UNITED HEALT CARE

18 18 SEBASTIAN ORLANDO CARO ELITE AREA ZERO PROTEAM

19 19 JHON DARWIN ATAPUMA ELITE ABUDAY

20 20 JHON ROMERO ELITE ARAUCA

Atapuma is listed as well. I thought he was still injured.

1. It was already cut to 219Km (the return will be at the 83rd st not at 92nd). However, the local season just started last weekend and domestic riders are not used to these distances. So look for "international" cyclists not those riding in the local scene.
2. The climbing is not too much and less for Colombian standards. It's not for climbers, last year a sprinter without a team (Edwin Avila, just hired by Illuminate and without a kit) won on a parcours designed for Quintana (and he being local and having like 30 "teammates"... 3 riders from the WT, the continental team and a couple of teams from Boyacá that owe him a lot... Just look at footage how he was giving orders the whole race).

I think Gaviria has a chance if he picks the right wheels. He has to pass the last hill closer to Chaves and Henao.
Pantano might be the outsider... He can climb and has a good kick

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I suppose there's no chance of a livestream of the road race anywhere online? Would love to see some of this one.

Also: mods should un-ban Ryo for the one day. He should be here for this.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
If you have RCN Internacional channel you might watch it. Not sure if they will broadcast it through YouTube.

Thanks. I don't have the channel, but will check YouTube. Hopefully someone will stream it somewhere, if RCN itself doesn't.

TRENDING THREADS