• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

South American race thread

Page 94 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

coimbrawu said:
Congrats to Sergio! He deserves it.
btw, Is it the 1st time a WT team/top team rider wins the Colombian nat road race title?

Antonio Londoño rode Le Tour 1986 as national champion, Rubiano was in the Giro 2014 as national champion. That should be it. Fabio Parra was champion in 1985, according to Memoire du Cyclisme he had no special jersey.

Really enjoyed that race. Fantastic win for Sergio, absolutely bossed it. But it goes to show that even riders who prove to be a cut above on form need teammates to win, and that was a great job by Sebastian to bring him back twice. It was good to see the moved the original start line up (exactly) 1 km; otherwise that sprint for second would've made for a real test of nerves. Also, I have to add, seeing the riders up close going up the same route you rode through a day earlier is something else.

Thanks for the link Hfer. I enjoyed the knowledgeable but clearly "influenced" Colombian announcers referring to the WorldTour riders (though not the local riders) by their home states much more often than by the team that pay their wages. I'm sure Trek in particular loved that.

No idea where to put this, so I'll just leave this here. Colombia's team for the WC in Bergen: Rigoberto Uran, Nairo Quintana, Sergio Henao, Jarlinson Pantano, Esteban Chaves, Miguel Angel Lopez, Fernando Gaviria, Carlos Betancur y Sebastian Henao

Great. Just *** great... :rolleyes:

Re:

DNP-Old said:
No idea where to put this, so I'll just leave this here. Colombia's team for the WC in Bergen: Rigoberto Uran, Nairo Quintana, Sergio Henao, Jarlinson Pantano, Esteban Chaves, Miguel Angel Lopez, Fernando Gaviria, Carlos Betancur y Sebastian Henao

Great. Just **** great... :rolleyes:

That's one hell of a great team. Not so many countries that can beat this amount of (climbing) capabilities..

Re: Re:

Vesica said:
DNP-Old said:

Great. Just **** great... :rolleyes:

That's one hell of a great team. Not so many countries that can beat this amount of (climbing) capabilities..
This is a great team if you're having to climb Alpe d'Huez four times. For Bergen, it couldn't be much worse.

DKlPNjrW4AAyLoJ.jpg

Jhonatan Narvaez is the new national champion of Ecuador!

Re:

Squire said:
I thought it was gonna have six stages?

For an early season race, the climbs are pretty good. But I'm sure Colombia can provdide better options if they wanted to make something serious.

First stage is a circuit race in Popayan. You can't draw a profile from that information. ;)

Sure you could, but for most WT this will be the first race of their season, so there is no reason for that. It's also one of the first races on the national calendar.

TRENDING THREADS