• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

South American race thread

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

snackattack

BANNED
Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Vuelta a Colombia 2012

-Prólogo Teusday 12 June (Puerto Gaitán)

-stage 1 Wednesday 13 June (Puerto Gaitán-Villavicencio)
-stage 2 Thursday 14 June (Villavicencio-Granada-Villavicencio)
-stage 3 Friday 15 June (Bogotá-Ibagué)
-stage 4 Saturday 16 June (Ibagué-Armenia)
-stage 5 Sunday 17 de junio Armenia-Cali

- restday Monday 18 de junio

-stage 6 Tuesday 19 June (Cali-Popayán)
-stage 7 Wednesday 20 June (Popayán-Palmira)
-stage 8 Thursday 21 June (Cali-Pereira)
-stage 9 Friday 22 June (Pereira-La Virginia-Manizales)
-stage 10 Saturday 23 June (Manizales-Medellín)
-stage 11 Sundat 24 June (ITT Medellín)

5 foreign Teams (extranjeros) have registered already from Europa and Brasil.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
manizalez could be linea and ibague letras? probably getting my hopes up though

also the race is now 3 days shorter :S :( that is very disapoitning. uci winning the battle with federation it seems

edit: never mind. ibague armenia is linea and manizalez is not letras. but eays climb :(

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Looks like 2009 was the last great course and we have to get used to these crappy routes, who are almost the same every year now. Still I have a bit of hopes that the stage to Manizales will be good.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Lupetto said:
Looks like 2009 was the last great course and we have to get used to these crappy routes, who are almost the same every year now. Still I have a bit of hopes that the stage to Manizales will be good.

yes indeed. it looks veyr bad. even worse then last year :mad: it's because of uci. only rcn will be very hard again I guess. man it really sucks. who cares about foreign teams riding there except uci

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the colombian fed always invite many teams but rarely do any foreign teams actually go. especially from europe. we had rock racing one time and they got humiliated. I remember hamilton and pevenage after the vuelta saying they couldn't believe how high the level was

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
the colombian fed always invite many teams but rarely do any foreign teams actually go. especially from europe. we had rock racing one time and they got humiliated. I remember hamilton and pevenage after the vuelta saying they couldn't believe how high the level was

That's what attracted me to the South American cycling scene. The fact that it's not covered as much as European cycling is even though there's some phenomenal talent down there.

But as you said before Ryo regarding the invitation of European teams to the race, the Euro teams don't have a reason to ride down there.

National championships Bolivia
ITT:

1° Oscar Soliz Potosí 0:50:50”
2° Bacilio Ramos Oruro a 03:02”
3° Rubén Ibañes Tarija a 04:00”
4° Aquelino Macías La Paz a 09:42”
5° Lorenzo Pérez Santa Cruz a 09:50”

road race:

1° Horacio Gallardo Tarija 3:53:12”
2° Heriberto Acosta Tarija m. t.
3° Oscar Soliz Potosí a 00:05”
4° Álvaro Dávalos Tarija a 12:02”
5° Rubén Estrada Tarija a 12:02”

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
This is from the Pan-American championships for the U-23's I believe. This was the road race.

3final.jpg

1. Jose Alfredo Aguirre Mexico
2. Cristian Pita Ecuador
3. Sebastian Trinilli Argentina

1final%282%29.jpg

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
No. The U23 races were done within the regular Panamericanos in Argentina some weeks ago. This here is the Junior Pan-american Champs, so only U19 riders are in there.

The winner looks like he's 33. ;)

Vuelta de la Juventud

Starts on Wednesday.

stage 1: Manizales-Chinchiná-Santa Rosa Cabal-Variante El Pollo-Cerrito-La Virginia Regreso-Pereira (115 km)
stage 2: ITT La Virginia - Viterbo (20 km)
stage 3: Pereira-Cartago-La Paila-Q/Nueva-Corozal-Tebaida-Armenia-Salento- Valle De Cocora (170 km)
stage 4: Armenia-Las Cruces-Filandia-Quimbaya-Montenegro-Pueblo Tapao-Tebaida-Vía El Caimo-Buenavista (110 km)
stage 5: Armenia-Pereira-Santa Rosa Cabal-Chinchiná-Las Violetas-La Uribe- Variante Manizales Vía Letras Hasta La Esperanza-Desvío Al Nevado –El Arbolito (135 km)

start list

This is Jaramillo's to lose, but riders like Alexis Camacho, Edward Beltran, Kevin Rios will be up there, too. Great to see the Ecuadorians in there as well. :cool:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
actually. the course isn't very hard. only the final stage is killing. antioquia have the most incredible team ever. but epm have edward beltran, he will have to limited the losses in itt though. he's said to have worked on it a lot this year

TRENDING THREADS