• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Spectator squirts dopant on TDF cyclist!

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Can’t you just fill up a water bottle with a known dopant and squirt it on the rider when they pass by. The dopant then seeps into the skin contaminating the rider! You see it all the time in the tours with spectators splashing, squirting, and pouring fluids all over the riders!
Seems like this probable cause is enough to get any positive doping result thrown out of court!

Very easy to do!

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
zagijimzoo said:
Can’t you just fill up a water bottle with a known dopant and squirt it on the rider when they pass by. The dopant then seeps into the skin contaminating the rider!
Seems like this probable cause is enough to get any doping positive result throw out of the courts!

Very easy to do!

Is that you, Frank? ;)

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
A lot of pharmaceutical drugs are administered thru the skin via sprays, creams, and patches!
I had an itchy rash on my whole back from too much sweating and my Dermatologist gave me a clear
spray on liquid steroid called Clobex. The warning label indicated that too much of the drug passing through your skin may cause harm to your adrenal glands. A transdermal patch is a medicated adhesive patch that is placed on the skin to deliver a specific dose of medication through the skin and into the bloodstream. Popular patches: Nicotine, opioid (for pain), estrogen, testosterone, contraceptive, nitroglycerin (for angina), scopolamine (for motion sickness), Clonidine (for anti-hypertensive), Daytrana (for ADHD), Emsam ( for antidepressant), Vitamin B12, Rivastigmine (for Alzheimers)

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
zagijimzoo said:
Can’t you just fill up a water bottle with a known dopant and squirt it on the rider when they pass by. The dopant then seeps into the skin contaminating the rider! You see it all the time in the tours with spectators splashing, squirting, and pouring fluids all over the riders!
Seems like this probable cause is enough to get any positive doping result thrown out of court!

Very easy to do!

1st post?

It's irrelevant. Even if it were possible, you don't have to prove the act of doping or intention for a ban. Having a listed substance inside your body is enough, and a rider is responsible for making sure that he does not. Antidoping law is not criminal law, but contract law (except in some countries, where it has both civil and criminal implications).

Having never heard of such a case makes me think it would be very difficult to do; probably most drugs don't get through the skin that easily.

DMSO helps and/or speeds the absorption of certain compounds
and medications through the skin, so perhaps something like the
OP has proposed is possible...but I have no idea of the amount
of a DMSO solution a rider would have to be sprayed with for an
adverse analytical finding to occur.

oldcrank said:
DMSO helps and/or speeds the absorption of certain compounds
and medications through the skin, so perhaps something like the
OP has proposed is possible...but I have no idea of the amount
of a DMSO solution a rider would have to be sprayed with for an
adverse analytical finding to occur.
We used to mix it LSD and swab the door handles of cop cars with it.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
zagijimzoo said:

Very easy to do!

Weren't you already happy with the tacks you throwed?

zagijimzoo said:

Very easy to do!

Great idea, but someone already beat you to it-

r9fm9j.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
zagijimzoo said:

Very easy to do!

No. The skin does not absorb if it did just imagine the contact high's we could all have by sitting next to or touching the average Spicoli's of the world. Drug dealers would have to sequester their customers or anyone in their vicinity would just get high for free, not good for business.

If you were to make sure to squirt it straight into their mouths, then maybe.

TRENDING THREADS