• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Spoiler free worlds... please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Is there any chance we can all try and consider each other and keep all results/spoilers for the worlds in the relevant race thread, and not create new threads like Phinney whups ****, or Pooley wins gold...

With it being held in australia various countries are getting coverage at strange times, some live, some highlights etc.. Some of us wont see the highlights till the evening (about 18 hours after the race)..

Easy enough to avoid the specific race threads, but a bit of a pain to avoid the entire forum for a week..

Pretty Please.. :D

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Is there any chance we can all try and consider each other and keep all results/spoilers for the worlds in the relevant race thread, and not create new threads like Phinney whups ****, or Pooley wins gold...

With it being held in australia various countries are getting coverage at strange times, some live, some highlights etc.. Some of us wont see the highlights till the evening (about 18 hours after the race)..

Easy enough to avoid the specific race threads, but a bit of a pain to avoid the entire forum for a week..

I promise I won't... but I think you're going to be disappointed. Someone's going to squeal.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
'Sky's Ivanhoe bike broken ahead of World Champs'
spook.gif

http://www.3news.co.nz/Team-Sky-Ivanhoe-World-Champion?-Default.aspx

Normally highlight are shown the same day as the race. So why don't you stay away from Cyclingnews.com for a while?

That said, there's nothing against the proposal, just saying the safe bet is not to visit. After all, its a cycling forum.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Good luck with this endeavor!

My advice? Lock yourself in a dark sound-proof room until the telecast has already started. Otherwise, you'll be waiting for the replay to start and there will be a news break announcing the results! I guess now you will see what it is like for those of us in Australia (and probably anywhere else that isn't Europe) that battle with this all the time, sometimes having to wait a couple of days before a torrent is uploaded.

Arnout said:
Normally highlight are shown the same day as the race. So why don't you stay away from Cyclingnews.com for a while?

That said, there's nothing against the proposal, just saying the safe bet is not to visit. After all, its a cycling forum.
+1.

I did that for the Vuelta a España. I rode my bike in the mornings, and when I came back the stages were already over. So I never opened Cyclingnews. I just went directly to the Universal broadcast and watched the re-run.

That simple, don't open cyclingnews.:)

TeamSkyFans said:

Seconded.
Since the U23 race already starts with delay here in netherlands

A

Anonymous

Escarabajo said:
+1.

I did that for the Vuelta a España. I rode my bike in the mornings, and when I came back the stages were already over. So I never opened Cyclingnews. I just went directly to the Universal broadcast and watched the re-run.

That simple, don't open cyclingnews.:)

Oh if it gets spoilt, it gets spoilt.. some nights we wont see the highlights here till 10.30pm :D

Just wouldnt hurt if we can all try to be thoughtful.. I suppose i could get up at 5am, but im normally just getting to sleep about then.

To be honest, i think most people have the common sense to only post in the race threads anyway, just thought id remind any newcomers what a thoughtful bunch we are :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Oh if it gets spoilt, it gets spoilt.. some nights we wont see the highlights here till 10.30pm :D

Just wouldnt hurt if we can all try to be thoughtful.. I suppose i could get up at 5am, but im normally just getting to sleep about then.

To be honest, i think most people have the common sense to only post in the race threads anyway, just thought id remind any newcomers what a thoughtful bunch we are :D

So we have to delay making a thread just for people who go on the forum and have not actually seen the event? I think that is a tad arrogant on some of you euros behalfs. It happens all the freakin time to australian posters because we hop on in the morning to the forum to post for a while before work, etc. I will make a thread when I see fit. If you don't want the result to be spoiled then don't go on the forum. Some people...:mad:

auscyclefan94 said:
So we have to delay making a thread just for people who go on the forum and have not actually seen the event? I think that is a tad arrogant on some of you euros behalfs. It happens all the freakin time to australian posters because we hop on in the morning to the forum to post for a while before work, etc. I will make a thread when I see fit. If you don't want the result to be spoiled then don't go on the forum. Some people...:mad:
Self%20Control%20Poster.jpg

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
No, i dont mean that lol.. and you know it.. But if i see the highlights early in the morning and Phinney wins, I personally wont start a thread called "phinney wins" in case the americans saw it before they had had a chance to watch their highlights.

You are going to be a right nuisance this week arent you. I do hope no aussies win medals :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TSF, your saying that we should not post threads like "phinney wins" as it will spoil the americans pleasure of watching the event. I have had to read spoilers like that all year for lots of different races and no one shows that courtesy to me or other australian posters.

And Australia will definetly win some medals and most likely Gold with Evans in the RR. I will be the screaming lunatic that will be watching on the sidelines near the esplanade (last 1.5km mark) along side the beach screaming for cadel.

auscyclefan94 said:
TSF, your saying that we should not post threads like "phinney wins" as it will spoil the americans pleasure of watching the event. I have had to read spoilers like that all year for lots of different races and no one shows that courtesy to me or other australian posters.

And Australia will definetly win some medals and most likely Gold with Evans in the RR. I will be the screaming lunatic that will be watching on the sidelines near the esplanade (last 1.5km mark) along side the beach screaming for cadel.

Look you are not the only one who suffers. I dont always manage to see races and when i come on here some idiot has created a "BIGGEST NEWS EVER FARRAR WINS VATTENFALS" thread to spoil it for everyone :rolleyes:.

But lets not exagerate. It doesn happen all year round. It happens once in a while.

I personaly would prefer some sort a 24 hour rule all year round. Cant post a "so and so wins thread" until 24 hours after a race.

auscyclefan94 said:

Although I see your point, I don't recall you ever asking people in a thread like this. I frankly have never thought of time differences and 'spoilers', and it's certainly not to be uncourteous to Australian posters that I would decide to make a thread about a race that might be spoilerish. So if someone I see posting all the time who is obviously a huge cycling fan makes that request, I'm more inclined to honour it than if it's not made and I never think about it. You don't need to get in a huff about it, is my point.

Regardless, when I'm in that situation I just avoid cyclingnews.com, which usually does the trick because in Canada, it's pretty hard to get spoiled on the results of the Tour of Romandie or something, unless you're looking for it. I'd imagine it's the same in Australia, and to a certain extent England.

I'm happy for you that you get to watch this live! You must be very excited.

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

Exactly what he said. Deal with it.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
More like the screaming lunatic who missed his train. ;)

I remember the Giro, it was hopeless on these forums unless watching it live. I guess courtesy is a one-way thing?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Is there any chance we can all try and consider each other and keep all results/spoilers for the worlds...
Not that I am going to go full-blown (or even mildly) spoiler, but if it is that important to you, dont open sites/pages where results might be mentioned. After all, it is your responsibility, not ours to protect you from yourself.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Look you are not the only one who suffers. I dont always manage to see races and when i come on here some idiot has created a "BIGGEST NEWS EVER FARRAR WINS VATTENFALS" thread to spoil it for everyone :rolleyes:.

But lets not exagerate. It doesn happen all year round. It happens once in a while.

I personaly would prefer some sort a 24 hour rule all year round. Cant post a "so and so wins thread" until 24 hours after a race.
That is ridiculous

skidmark said:
Although I see your point, I don't recall you ever asking people in a thread like this. I frankly have never thought of time differences and 'spoilers', and it's certainly not to be uncourteous to Australian posters that I would decide to make a thread about a race that might be spoilerish. So if someone I see posting all the time who is obviously a huge cycling fan makes that request, I'm more inclined to honour it than if it's not made and I never think about it. You don't need to get in a huff about it, is my point.

Regardless, when I'm in that situation I just avoid cyclingnews.com, which usually does the trick because in Canada, it's pretty hard to get spoiled on the results of the Tour of Romandie or something, unless you're looking for it. I'd imagine it's the same in Australia, and to a certain extent England.

I'm happy for you that you get to watch this live! You must be very excited.

I have never had a problem with it as i deal with not seeing the highlights and knowing the results. People need to harden up. If a thread needs to be made on a rider winning then I will make it.

auscyclefan94 said:
That is ridiculous

I have never had a problem with it as i deal with not seeing the highlights and knowing the results. People need to harden up. If a thread needs to be made on a rider winning then I will make it.

I thought you would like the suggestion i made seeing as it would be mostly for your benefit, so am dissapointed that you just dismissed it like that.

Secondly youve hinted more than once at making threads this week, with the sole intention of spoiling the race for others.

Personally I dont believe that you have the balls to do this.

Lets see you try.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

col-muammar-gaddafi.jpg

Well I've got some favs and if one of them **** I'll create threads like you have never seen before **8** goodnight.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I thought you would like the suggestion i made seeing as it would be mostly for your benefit, so am dissapointed that you just dismissed it like that.

Secondly youve hinted more than once at making threads this week, with the sole intention of spoiling the race for others.

Personally I dont believe that you have the balls to do this.

Lets see you try.

Fine. I don't see peoples problem. Why should I show the same courtesy to others when they hae not shown the same courtesy to me as they have made threads during big races which have spoilt the results for me. Anyway, if you don't want to have the result "spoiled" then don't go on the forum. It is simple. I am only going to make a thread if it is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS