• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 16: Ponte Di Legno-Val Martello/Martelltal (139 km)

Page 74 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
Eh, didn't he do exactly what Quintana did?

He lost. And he suffered much more in the sence he had to fight much more than Quintana since his capacities are somewhat inferior.

I admit I was a bit indifferent to Hesjedal until today. Those skiny legs always made me cringe. But now, now I like him.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
murali said:
basically means, a fight between majka pozzo and aru for the 3rd spot in the MTT

Or fight for 2nd in the end, still not sure about Uran's climbing form. And don't forget, Zoncolan still to come.

Hope Aru can make it.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
the two minutes lost due to twitter confusion is going to bite teh RCS team.

definite

Aru dropped to 6th from 4th due to RCS messing up things.

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Afrank said:
Or fight for 2nd in the end, still not sure about Uran's climbing form. And don't forget, Zoncolan still to come.

Hope Aru can make it.

typical Uran climbing form
he's doing ok, thats pretty much where he's at as a climber

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:

Hope Aru can make it.

i expect Uran to do well in the MTTs.

Uran is not going to ride tempo in Zoncolan for sure.

In fact, now he can conserve the likes of brambilla and poels as movistar will need to do the work of GC leader.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
BigMac said:
He lost. And he suffered much more in the sence he had to fight much more than Quintana since his capacities are somewhat inferior.

I admit I was a bit indifferent to Hesjedal until today. Those skiny legs always made me cringe. But now, now I like him.

You're clearly a pint half full kinda person aren't you.

Nevermind fella. x x x x x

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
christopherrowe said:
I hope that's extended or even neutralized given all the confusion today. Hate to see anybody lose out on an epic finish like today, especially if it's a large number or riders.

if there was no confusion, i dont think quintana would have got such a big advantage.

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
To hell with the controversy, great win by Quintana on a dramatic stage.

Oh man pull Uran off the podium ffs and install Rolland and Hesjedal on the final two steps. Or so I wish.

Now looking forward to the MTT. No games or wheelsucking.

could still happen