• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 16: Ponte Di Legno-Val Martello/Martelltal (139 km)

Page 75 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 28, 2012
Visit site
PirazziAttacksVino said:
Kelderman and Hesjedal were impressive. Quintana would have taken minimum 1 minute from Uran on the final climb if not for the neutralization/nonneutralization thing.

Quintana did everything on his own, so it could've been more. But I have the impression Uran has already shifted his focus to 2nd in GC.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by doperhopper
Will we ever see something like this at the Tour?

Walkman said:
We have. 2011 was the last time.

well, yes, one of the few lucky years without clear domination of one rider/team, and yet it needed Francesco Moser to personally come the night before and persuade Andy&co to try an early attack (legend says)

Based on the interviews so far, there was NO confusion as what the journalists heard (apparently) from the organizers did apparently not make its way to the riders, not to Rolland, not to Vuillermoz so probably to no one else. Rolland just said that there was discussion among the riders to take it easy in the Gavia but then there were attacks so that was it.

About Rolland, wow, nice timing, just off the podium in 4th and with the way Evans is going...and even Uran, might make it to second. Amazing when you think he was thought to be lost for top level cycling after an early break through.

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Number 9 Hesjedal is just 55 seconds away from the podium now.

Gonna be quite a battle for even third place with all of the riders making a chance!

Pentacycle said:
Quintana did everything on his own, so it could've been more. But I have the impression Uran has already shifted his focus to 2nd in GC.

Despite today's excitement, I'm a bit annoyed.

Yesterday 5 or 6 riders were racing for victory, now only 1, this means the rest of what should've been a tense week and a showdown between them is going to become a fight for 3rd (and 2nd)

that looked epic but I missed it all :(, hoped to get home from work to at least see the last few km but was not possible. I am sure streams would work fine at work but I am in my trial period so daren't even contemplate it!

however, Thursday is a Bank Holiday and I am not working Friday so there is hope that I can watch some of the stages. Plus of course Saturday although I have a half-marathon at 7pm so hopefully they sprint up Zoncolan so I can catch it all before leaving home! :p