• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 16: Ponte Di Legno-Val Martello/Martelltal (139 km)

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
will be interesting to see how many riders are left in the race tomorrow
i could imagine a number of sprinters and others that are distanced would've been thinking f*** this!

BigMac said:
Excuse me, am I included? I just stated it will be a shame due to his talent, value, whatever. What the actual does it have to do with that?

What exactly has he done that merits team leadership in a race?

As much as i like him he is a one trick pony that doesn't win races. A team like Garmin has plenty of more well rounded guys that can win races and that is why he is only a dom.

Best he can hope for is some freedom to go for breakaways on tough mountain stages.

A big group rolled in at 39:33 but none of the top three on the points classification have finished yet. I bet they extend the time limit if takes out all the top sprinters. Or at least I hope they do.

Edit: Huh. The source I'm looking has a Team Colombia rider at that placing (112).

Edit the Second: And now they've changed it. We've got information coming in all the time here in the news room, folks. ;)

Arredondo said:
Ulissi won two stages.

I was talking about GC...

Parrulo said:
What exactly has he done that merits team leadership in a race?

As much as i like him he is a one trick pony that doesn't win races. A team like Garmin has plenty of more well rounded guys that can win races and that is why he is only a dom.

Best he can hope for is some freedom to go for breakaways on tough mountain stages.

Well I didn't mention leadership did I? I obviously mean given freedom on decent races or stages where he has a shot.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Time cut is around 50 minutes.

No Arredondo, no Poels yet in 39:33 bus, which i find wierd.

EDIT: They both rolled in at 44 min bus.

Duarte lost 44 too. How can this guy be so inconsistent?

Ryder is playing his own game; stay under the radar of fans & media, and claw his way to the top in the last week. Eleven (11) race days ago, he was stuck way back in 165th place. Today, he had Quintana riding on his big wheel. Tomorrow is an easy recovery ride.

But, it's too simple to say he'd be up 3'26" ~without~ the TTT disaster. Dan Martin would be in the hunt, and guys like Koldo Fernandez would be working for them. Ryder also lost a minute in the Montecassino crash.