• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 16: Ponte Di Legno-Val Martello/Martelltal (139 km)

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So let me get this straight:

1. As things stand, they are riding the planned stage?
2. But there is still a danger that the riders will soft pedal. Is this a material risk?
3. There are rumours that Quintana is sick again. Is there anything official from the man himself or a team official?
4. Pozzovivo is officially sick.
5. Men who say they like kids are fooling themselves and others.

I think that is the way it is, but it would be helpful if anybody who knows better could correct me if I am wrong.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
what about Chalapud?he has been invisible so far
Can he stay in the break until the end of stage?

Chalapud rides horrible the whole year. I found it rather surprising he was selected by his team tbh.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
GuyIncognito said:
Just got here and finding the discussion over the previous pages a bit confusing. What news exactly do we have on Quintana?

From what I can gather he doesn't want children though may find it rewarding if he did, doesn't want to live in Italy but may holiday there (but not this time of year due to the weather/cold).

Oh, and he's ill, again.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Chalapud rides horrible the whole year. I found it rather surprising he was selected by his team tbh.

he got selected because he's very strong when he's in form. but he has been injured and uninterested in training

barmaher said:

2. But there is still a danger that the riders will soft pedal. Is this a material risk?
3. There are rumours that Quintana is sick again. Is there anything official from the man himself or a team official?

I think that is the way it is, but it would be helpful if anybody who knows better could correct me if I am wrong.

1. Yes.

2. We don't know, if the weather is dangerous then yes.

3. Just rumours so far, smoke and mirrors if you ask me.

4. Yes.

5. My daughter is the most awesome thing in the world. She comes before bike and guitars.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:

Thanks a lot,I know he is bad this year,but not that bad.
Then I will put my usual outside bet on Sebastian Henao Marin:)

edit:Wha about Rabbo,does he have cojones to go in a break and risk his 'GC'?

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
barmaher said:

Only screwed up men or men without kids would agree. I love my two boys more than anything in the world. And eventhough they are only 2 and 4 they already enjoy watching cycling (0:

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
barmaher said:

seems to be official. anyone who can read spanish, plz translate this: http://www.movistarteam.com/noticias/2014-5-26/siempre-he-luchado-por-intentar-recuperarme

google translate says:
I 'm getting the flu , infection of the throat ... and that will leave touched with pain I hope the day off to help me overcome. At least I see that the legs respond better each day and hope you can fight , at least for the podium. Despite all the problems I 've had , I am where I am.

it can also be a lousy translation by google.

murali said:
seems to be official. anyone who can read spanish, plz translate this: http://www.movistarteam.com/noticias/2014-5-26/siempre-he-luchado-por-intentar-recuperarme

google translate says:
I 'm getting the flu , infection of the throat ... and that will leave touched with pain I hope the day off to help me overcome. At least I see that the legs respond better each day and hope you can fight , at least for the podium. Despite all the problems I 've had , I am where I am.

I don't get this. If he has the flu, he should be dropped like a stone today. The top level among pros are so high that even 1% decline in abilities will cause significant time gaps. And getting the flu, a real flu, will cause you to drop more than 1% even if you are Quintiana.

So he is not dropped toady, I call bs on this sick thing.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Walkman said:
I don't get this. If he has the flu, he should be dropped like a stone today. The top level among pros are so high that even 1% decline in abilities will cause significant time gaps. And getting the flu, a real flu, will cause you to drop more than 1% even if you are Quintiana.

So he is not dropped toady, I call bs on this sick thing.

what kind of bs is it. multiple examples of absolute topriders being sick not dropping like a stone, purito and rujano 2011 are prime examples. also ullrich 2003 tour

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
murali said:

google translate says:

Very good article.
For me,he didnt speak anything about another illness,he just said he was recovering on rest day and he is better than few days ago.
But this is what I consider interesting
Nairo Quintana said:
Gente en forma como Rolland también puede cambiar un poco la carrera con sus ataques y modificar la estrategia de los favoritos porque puede ser un buen aliado.
Looks like he likes Rolland strategy,so imo he should join him in one of his attacks:cool:

Ryo Hazuki said:
what kind of bs is it. multiple examples of absolute topriders being sick not dropping like a stone, purito and rujano 2011 are prime examples. also ullrich 2003 tour

Those guys weren't sick for real. This is laughable. Have your ever had the flu?! You think you can go out and do 200km and 3000 meters of climbing while doing a maximum effort and come out healthy on the next day if you have the flu?

Get real Ryo.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Walkman said:
Those guys weren't sick for real. This is laughable. Have your ever had the flu?! You think you can go out and do 200km and 3000 meters of climbing while doing a maximum effort and come out healthy on the next day if you have the flu?

Get real Ryo.

the flu is a wide thing. he says he has a sore throat and fever. you can call that flu yes. not throwing up or diarhoea. you think a rider takes anti biotics for fun?

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
classicomano said:
These super high mountains are a big advantage for Cadel Evans, I think he will win this stage easily and be back in pink today.

Cadel is paying $51 with the bookies so you could clean up today. :cool:

Stelvio still looks ok, this pic is from 2m ago

BoorvieIcAA0GTt.jpg