• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Stage 18 - Friday, July 23 2010, Salies-de-Béarn - Bordeaux, 190 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
194
0
0
Visit site
From CN live "There's a tailwind today to keep the pace high all the way the Bordeaux" and the peloton is still as slow as the slowest expected time (from letour schedule) :mad:
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
4
0
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Haha!
Eurosport open up with the Shack on the podium and the all important team classification.
None of the other presentations.

Planet Armstrong anyone?:rolleyes::eek:

planetarmstrong was like the biggets failure eurosport ever did. besides nobody in europe cares about lance or radioshack
 
Ryo Hazuki said:
planetarmstrong was like the biggets failure eurosport ever did. besides nobody in europe cares about lance or radioshack

Tell me about it.
We now have Harmon and Kelly talking about..........The team classification.

I can't ever remember it being a commentary worthy topic, before.

Now, on about Horner and Leiphosuction.
 
May 30, 2010
7
0
0
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Tell me about it.
We now have Harmon and Kelly talking about..........The team classification.

I can't ever remember it being a commentary worthy topic, before.

Now, on about Horner and Leiphosuction.


I just logged in to post the same. I've never heard it mentioned before other than in passing and all of sudden it's a major theme. It's pretty embarressing really.
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Visit site
The shack team will probably get to meet the French president now, they may even get a homecoming party.

The all conquering Radioshack team..:rolleyes:
 
Jul 19, 2010
194
0
0
Visit site
Publicus said:
Phil just told me that he is absolutely sure that Lance would have been top 5 or 6 this year but for his crashes. No doubt about that.:rolleyes:

He's getting a little closer to reality - wasn't he previously saying that Lance would definitely have been on the podium if it wasn't for his terrible luck?
 
Jul 18, 2010
254
0
0
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
planetarmstrong was like the biggets failure eurosport ever did. besides nobody in europe cares about lance or radioshack
Oh so true.


Mellow Velo said:
Tell me about it.
We now have Harmon and Kelly talking about..........The team classification.

I can't ever remember it being a commentary worthy topic, before.

Now, on about Horner and Leiphosuction.
I wonder how much is Kelly being paid to willingly dispense such drivel.


And somebody tell "Phil" Schlecklet crashed too :p
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Visit site
nia O'Malley said:
Oh so true.



I wonder how much is Kelly being paid to willingly dispense such drivel.


And somebody tell "Phil" Schlecklet crashed too :p

Well... when schlecklet crashed... they waited. If he had lost 8 minutes on Stage 2 I'm not sure what he would have done for the rest of the race. Probably not quit like Armstrong did... maybe chase polkadots?
 
Jul 16, 2010
420
0
0
Visit site
UK Eurosport is talking about TdF history - long stages where riders had to continue riding at night. The fans would lie in wait for the riders they didn't like and attack them during the night on the road! Interesting stuff.
 
Blimey, this is cruel.
We have had the first ever "in depth" discussion of the team classment from Eurosport.
Now, they are wheeling out all the tradition questions they get every year.

Meanwhile, the peloton trundle aimlessly along, extending the Champs celebration stage to 300 odd kms.

CatsNK said:
UK Eurosport is talking about TdF history - long stages where riders had to continue riding at night. The fans would lie in wait for the riders they didn't like and attack them during the night on the road! Interesting stuff.
A traditional tale.

Now, the fans lie in wait and attack forum posters they don't like in the night, over cyberspace.;)
 
Apr 9, 2010
48
0
0
Visit site
CatsNK said:
UK Eurosport is talking about TdF history - long stages where riders had to continue riding at night. The fans would lie in wait for the riders they didn't like and attack them during the night on the road! Interesting stuff.

Wow!! If such things were allowed in 2010 who would be the riders to be attacked? Any ideas people??:D
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Visit site
koolkinks said:
Wow!! If such things were allowed in 2010 who would be the riders to be attacked? Any ideas people??:D

Shack fans attacking Caisse riders so they can have an easier job of winning the team classification!?