• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 18 - Friday, July 23 2010, Salies-de-Béarn - Bordeaux, 190 km

Stage 18 - Friday, July 23 2010, Salies-de-Béarn - Bordeaux, 190 km

gr216000_600.jpg

gr214626_600.jpg

Considering how boring the mountain stages have been, how boring will these next 2 flat stages be? Im not even going to attempt to build this up. I will record it and then fast forward to the last 5 minutes and watch that.

Cav for the win.

Pettachi for the green.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
I'll probably watch the last 30 minutes..I mean...seconds..

Maybe some crosswinds and Saxo Bank attacks, breaks the field, Cancellara buries himself on the front pulling. Astana chasing like crazy behind. Schleck gains 68 seconds and now we have an interesting time trial?..Let me dream:rolleyes:

indurain666 said:
I'll probably watch the last 30 minutes..I mean...seconds..

Maybe some crosswinds and Saxo Bank attacks, breaks the field, Cancellara buries himself on the front pulling. Astana chasing like crazy behind. Schleck gains 68 seconds and now we have an interesting time trial?..Let me dream:rolleyes:

we have all thought that for a sec before reminding ourselves there isnt a chance in hell of it happening.

Or is there? :eek:

No there isnt:cool:

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
cavendish to win in his sleep... I doubt anything will happen but i wil watch it anyway.. i think petacchi will perform badly and hushovd will keep the green jersey .

I'd like to hope HTC will relieve Tony Martin of his dogsbody duties tomorrow in preparation for Saturday's TT but I won't hold my breath. Cav should beat Petacchi anyway. EBH probably knackered after today so that should move Hushovd up one place at least

They seem to have the conditions for some crosswinds tomorrow but I'm guessing the roads around here are too sheltered. Maybe Saxo will try anyway.

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Cancellara and Schleck to go in an early two man break. Cancellara to do all the pulling and finish 5 minutes ahead of the field. Cancellara to be found to have an electric motor in his bike and kicked out of the tour. Schleck to keep his 5 minutes gained because there is nothing in the rules to punish a rider for what his 'lead out man' does.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
wont renshaws absence not damage cavs chances

a wee bit but cavendish can beat the guys in the tour without him quite easily he has allready beaten petacchi twice in sprints for 2nd or less without renshaw.. I think cavendish needing a train is a big myth.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Rumour had it that PFC Jet agreed not to contest the sprints in exchange for not being kicked from the Tour. Probably bollix, we'll see in a couple of hours at the first intermediate.

How reliable is this rumour? I have money on Thor to win Green but still $2.50 it's tempting to put more on.

Sasquatch said:
How reliable is this rumour? I have money on Thor to win Green but still $2.50 it's tempting to put more on.

Probably not reliable at all. I can't even remember where I heard it, other than it was from someone who I didn't automatically dismiss as knowing nothing (i.e. it was from a real proper journo type actually at the Tour).

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
hopefully a 20 min break with 2 caisse depargnes in it
the sight of popovych pulling like a madman for a classification no one else gives a **** about again would be priceless

since we are dreaming this morning and we all expect a boring stage: schlecky and contador escape unseen and therefore they are not chased .. they gain enough time to stop at a local motel for a quickie. The take all the sprint points in the process and andy let conti win the final sprint so he can at least have a stage

TRENDING THREADS